Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: saved email/passwords in safari

Default saved email/passwords in safari
    iphone 3g 2.1 jailbroken, im wondering if there is anywhere i can retrieve a lost email address and password that was entered into safari. the log in info was for a website, not an email account and going through that lost password route will not work. im not sure if the iphone saves info like that but any help will be appreciated. thanks

I think,ihone does not store a required website password for security reasons.
    I access a number of websites that require a user name and a password for access.IPhone saves the user name entry as a cookie but not the password,which I must manually enter each time I visit a website that requires a user name and password for access.

i dont mean like saved as a cookie or something so that when i visit the site again it will be in the password field already. i mean like somewhere "hidden" on the phone. like for example, i was browsing through the system file with advlock and i found some pictures that i had deleted from swirly and from my camera roll but they were still saved on a different "hidden" part of the phone.