Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I change the "3G' logo in a theme?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How do I change the "3G' logo in a theme?
    I'm currently using the A8stract NTW theme on a non 3G iPhone but the themes comes with a 3G logo instead of 'E" for Tmobile edge. I can't find any app in Cydia to change it so how do I manually (using ssh) delete it or change it back to 'E'?

Also this them has a solid status bar, how do I make it transparent? Again, I can't find any app in Cydia to make a transparent status bar.

Thanks

In your theme, you can add or edit the EDGE icon fileswhich are var/stash/Themes/A8stract NTW/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/default_EDGE_ON.png and var/stash/Themes/A8stract NTW (or whichever theme)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/FSO_EDGE_ON.png

The 3G icon files are Default_UTMS_ON.png and FSO_UTMS_ON

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default names
    And just in case you did not know delete the old ones and put the new ones in with the name Default_UTMS_ON.png and FSO_UTMS_ON THat will do it!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacksti View Post
    And just in case you did not know delete the old ones and put the new ones in with the name Default_UTMS_ON.png and FSO_UTMS_ON THat will do it!!
    These files are to change the icons that show up when the phone is actually running on 3G. The way I read his post was that someone made the EDGE icons look like 3G icons. SO that when the phone is actually on EDGE, it shows a 3G icon. So they probably copied 3G icons and renamed them as EDGE icons.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    These files are to change the icons that show up when the phone is actually running on 3G. The way I read his post was that someone made the EDGE icons look like 3G icons. SO that when the phone is actually on EDGE, it shows a 3G icon. So they probably copied 3G icons and renamed them as EDGE icons.
    Correct.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anybody help me find it? I've look atll through the theme, can not find any Edge icons.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Ar you looking at the correct files? they are there. I'm gonna ask a dumb question.. ready
    Are you using wincsp or diskaid to view you phone? If so navigate to the location in previous posts. You'll find them.
    Don't mean to take light of your situation, just trying to make sure we understand to help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Ar you looking at the correct files? they are there. I'm gonna ask a dumb question.. ready
    Are you using wincsp or diskaid to view you phone? If so navigate to the location in previous posts. You'll find them.
    Don't mean to take light of your situation, just trying to make sure we understand to help.
    I completely over look your post but yeah, I found it. So where can I find an Tmobile E icon tor replace it with?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Wow, there are tons and many different styles and more. You can do a search here in downloads section, google......

I've changed mine and did not keep the file so I can't send you mine. Perhaps someone else might have the file.
    If you look in Cydia there are plenty there. BigBoss has it I believe.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-07 at 07:08 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What if I delete those (3G) icons, will the default E icon show up? I don't want anything fancy just the default E icon that shows up if you have a non 3G iphone.