Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering -3g- Asus EEE with Windows XP?

Exclamation Tethering -3g- Asus EEE with Windows XP?
    EDIT::

Ok so what I did on my laptop was setup a adhoc network called "tethering" with a 12345 shared key. I then went to the iphone and connected to the tethering network and provided the key. I got the IP address and placed it into firefox and changed the necessary settings to get it working. I also put socks into mobileterminal. When I connect to the laptop on the iphone I can see the laptop trying to get the IP address. It usually fails (i disabled the firewall as well). I had to connect twice but only for a second then it disconnects :-(

Any ideas?

- eddy

Thanks for your help guys ive done a ton of modding on my iphone and i love it! One last (hopefully) thing I'd like to do is Tether my iphone 3g connection over my Asus EEE with windows XP.

I was following a guide on youtube and downloaded the following softwares:
    3proxy
    mobileterminal

Now the video is setting up Tethering on Vista which looks a bit different then XP in terms of ad hoc setup. I've done a few searches but I wanted to make sure I get the correct guide for the two softwares I downloaded and installed. Are these softwares the current best way to get tethering working on XP? If someone can give me some instructions on how I tether from this point on (like i mentioned I have 3proxy and mobileterminal installed)?

Best regards and keep on the great work!
    Last edited by eddyg519; 2009-05-03 at 05:34 PM.