Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: * what to do?

Thanks

Default * what to do?
    hey!

well im a newbie on here!
    im on an iphone itch and for a while wanted to get an unlocked 3g for tmobile since where i moved to the service sucks (my boyf has a iphone 3g and i have a verizon bb) but once 3.0 came out i decided to go thru at&t just because i didnt want to worry about any issues and might as well use it overall. i want to do the jump once i get paid which is this friday (woohoo)

so here are my questions:
    has anyone had crappy service where they live? from my understanding you can contact at&t for a new tower...but how long does that take to happen?
    also i have heard that you can shut off 3g and use edge and your service will be better? is this true?

and with the highly anticipated iphone (pro/4g/theshit):
    everyone is going for june! and i am hoping and praying to the apple gods that it will happen like asap. but will it be longer?
    i see online that the 16gb refurb is $150 and you can get a live.com cashback of 35% meaning i would pay a lot less...
    should i still wait?
    i mean what is the chance that the new phone comes out in its all amazing-ness and boom your hit with buggy issues due to it being new?
    i was thinking of getting the 3g and when the new one comes out sell the 3g and then buy the new phone

what is everyones opinion on this?

(i hope i posted this in the right place...sry if i didnt)

thanks
    Last edited by michym; 2009-05-03 at 04:32 PM.

I would say just save your money and wait to buy the new iPhone when it comes out in a few months.

Thanks

is anyone worried about any buggy issues with the new phone?
    the 3g i believe had issues and wouldn't it be best for them to be fixed?

- also i forgot to ask...
    my boyf & i share a computer, how will i be able to do anything since everything is through itunes?

Thanks

Just make your mind up yourself. It's only a phone, if you get it and it sucks then you can take it back for a refund, or stick it on ebay
    To live, you have to lie

I wouldn't worry about bugs in the new iPhone, if there are any they will be sorted quickly. But I can't see anything in the new phone that is worth waiting for. The 3G is pretty near perfect.
    It's your choice though.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Bugs
    Even if there is bus all or most will be resolved by apple of the dev community! So alls well. Just like the 3G it had problems not there mostly resolved!

Thanks

ohhh man! im so stuck! i just dont want to wait anymore! lol

lets say i get the phone @ the beginning of june...i have 30 day trial period right?

so boom! the new iphone comes out! i can just take it back and say accctttuuuaallllyy i want that one! lol

can that happen??

(crossin fingers that its in june and not in july...which lets face it im leaning towards july-august since the apple conference thing is in the 2nd wk on june)

oh also! they introduced the iphone in the conference last year right?
    ...how long after was the 3g out?
    Last edited by michym; 2009-05-04 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost