Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Loading Tease Time

Default App Loading Tease Time
    I am not quite sure how to explain it in a general sense, so I will cite an example.

1. I want to use Maps to search for an address, so I press the Maps button to start the Maps App.
    2. The Maps interface appears, so I tap in the search field and nothing happens.
    3. I tap again and nothing happens.
    4. I tap yet again and nothing happens.
    5. Finally, I tap and the keyboard shows up.

Why?
    Because the App was still loading even though the interface screen showed up. This delay is slightly annoying, and it happens with a number of Apps. It is particularly annoying with Maps and Calc.

I wish that when an App was loading, that one of two things would happen:
    1. A generic "loading" screen would show up until the app was fully loaded.
    2. A big, visible, circle ticker thingy (I don't know what it is called) would show up in a translucent way over the loading app interface.

In these ways, I would know when the app was fully loaded and I would be better able to keep my patience in check. I don't want to see the buttons unless they are ready to be pushed, if that makes any sense at all.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Many winterboard themes have these, it's just a generic splash screen. Some are on Cydia