Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restoring itunes after format

Default restoring itunes after format
    My hard drive died yesterday and with it went all my itunes data as well as all my music and everything else to do with my iphone.

Can I just install a fresh copy of itunes and hit sync and it will copy all apps/music/videos/contacts/settings/etc... from the phone back into itunes?

If not, Is there any program that can backup the entire phone and reintegrate it back into itunes so that I can sync my phone normally?

Thanks

well you can copy all your music off of your iPhone, google a program called Tansee iPhone Copy, as i said, it will copy all your music off of your iPhone, then you can put it all back into iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    well you can copy all your music off of your iPhone, google a program called Tansee iPhone Copy, as i said, it will copy all your music off of your iPhone, then you can put it all back into iTunes.
    The music is the least of my concerns. I'm worried that if I sync my phone with a fresh install of iTunes, it will wipe my apps/calls/contacts/calendar/notes/settings.

How do I reintegrate those back into iTunes?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it won't "wipe", it'll replace it with whats in itunes, in your case its all empty in itunes, so on your iphone you'll lose contacts, notes, apps, calendars.

you need to back stuff up, learn how to ssh and backup notes/calls/contacts/calendars. settings are easy to change back but shouldn't be affected by a sync.

apps will need to be redownloaded and sync'd back with your new itunes install. you will more then likely lose everything. this i one of the dumbest parts about apple, they love control, and leave you hangin to do everything manually after a basic OS restore.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    it won't "wipe", it'll replace it with whats in itunes, in your case its all empty in itunes, so on your iphone you'll lose contacts, notes, apps, calendars.

you need to back stuff up, learn how to ssh and backup notes/calls/contacts/calendars. settings are easy to change back but shouldn't be affected by a sync.

apps will need to be redownloaded and sync'd back with your new itunes install. you will more then likely lose everything. this i one of the dumbest parts about apple, they love control, and leave you hangin to do everything manually after a basic OS restore.
    Even if I back it up before the sync, and then manually put the files back in again through ssh, won't iTunes just wipe it on the next sync?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it will, what i had to do was go in my windows address book and put 1 phone number, then when is sync'd it added to it. if your windows address book is empty then it'll make your iphone empty

everything else tho will remain or be added when you sync.

play with it, but backup everything first so if 1 way doesn't work you can manually put it back. hassle, i know. but thats apple
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4