Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade w/o losing unlock + data?

Default Upgrade w/o losing unlock + data?
    I am currently running 2.2 FW on my iPhone 2G, unlocked and jailbroken. I am a huge golf fan/player and want Tiger Woods PGA Tour on my iPhone, but it requires 2.2.1 FW to run it.

Is there a way to upgrade (QuickPwn??) to 2.2.1 without losing my unlock and jailbreak???

Upgrading is like restoring....you will have to re-sync/re-install everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

No, you will have to jailbreak and unlock again.
    There are apps in cydia called
    Appbackup
    Aptbackup
    that will help you get you apps jailbroken and iTunes back after you do redo it
    Instructions are with apps.

the only way u can upgrade and keep unlock is if u had a hardware unlock or a sim adaptor... if you use boot neuter you have to rejailbreak and unlock with quickpwn or pwnage tool

Now can I upgrade directly to a JB 2.2.1 via quickpwn to avoid paying the upgrade charge? And then do I just unlock with yellow snow?

Their is no upgrade charge and no...because quickpwn doesnt load a firmware....it modifies whats already on your phone. Quickpwn will unlock, yellowsnow is ONLY for 3g iphone. You may wanna do some reading up before you attempt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Their is no upgrade charge and no...because quickpwn doesnt load a firmware....it modifies whats already on your phone. Quickpwn will unlock, yellowsnow is ONLY for 3g iphone. You may wanna do some reading up before you attempt anything.
    Ok thanks
    Last edited by eff3ctz; 2009-05-01 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^If you read the post of mine you quoted....I said use quickpwn to unlock because yellowsnow is ONLY FOR A 3G iphone.