Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G WiFi Issues

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 2G WiFi Issues
    I was using my iPhone normally yesterday, I remember around 3 pm I used the safari with wifi, like I use always. I didn't use the iPhone like for 4 hours (I just left it in the bed) Around 7 pm I received a call, I picked it up, and the I notice that it was not connected to the wifi, I finished the call went to preferences>wifi and then it start "looking for networks" but no network appeared and the spinning indicator didn;t stop moving. I left it around 1 hour and it did not find any network.
    It has mac address and it's not "gray unable" and the the phone is working.

I did the following and i still have my iPhone with no wifi.

restart
    reset network settings
    restore 2.2.1 custom
    nothing, when I opened safari it shows me the networks, but when I tried to connect it was unable to join, then no networks shown
    restore 2.2 custom
    reset erase iphone (it end with the spinning loop)
    restore 2.2 original
    restore 2.2.1 original

UPDATE I just did a test with the bluetooth and first it worked my mac found the iPhone and sent the request to pair, but the iPhone didnot locate any bluetooth device.
    I unpaired and made a second attempt, the mac didn't find the iPhone this time.

UPDATE 2 Restore again to 2.2.1 custom, open wifi and it shown me all the networks, after choose mine it select it (with the check mark) 2 seconds later drop it, and all the networks dessapeared.
    Reboot, open settings, and under wifi it shown connected to my network, and the wifi icon appear in the status bar, 3 seconds later no connected no icon, no networks.

UPDATE 3. I tried changing the mac address (I wasn't able to do it).
    reboot the iphone and again the same story as update 2.. how do you actually change the mac address? I tried with ifconfig.

UDATE 4. This is so freaking wired, I turned off the wifi, reboot the iPhone, turn wifi on, all the networks appeared and it connect automatically to mine. 10 minutes later stay connected, then like 5 minutes later boom the problem again, I did the same again (turn off wifi, reboot, turn on) but didn't work this time. I feel so f*****g frustrated right now.
    I don't know what to do, somebody help me please!!! I'm about to cry seriously
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 2009-04-28 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Update4
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

Thanks

No one????

hardware problem
    or try to restore

Default no wi-fi
    OK try this it worked for me.. First enable airplane mode then power down your phone. then boot it back up and disable airplane mode, and check for wireless signal. If you lose connection again do it over again. It took my phone 3 times doing this before it finally kept.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scotty17 View Post
    OK try this it worked for me.. First enable airplane mode then power down your phone. then boot it back up and disable airplane mode, and check for wireless signal. If you lose connection again do it over again. It took my phone 3 times doing this before it finally kept.
    Did not work
    I did it like 20 times, nothing

I have the same problem...WiFi is shut out. I downgraded to 2.2 with no luck. The firmware didn't change when I upgraded to 3.0. Not sure what the problem is. My serial# is 8575143b....

Just curious if you had any luck. I am basically stuck with Tmo's 2g network.

Default The Final Answer
    I Have Absolutely Positively Found What The Wifi Problem Is With The 2G iPhones. The Battery!. When The Battery Life Has Dropped. Wifi Will Not Work If Your Battery Life Is Higher? Than 50% I Thought This Was B.S. Until I Tried It. If You Have An Actual App That Allows You To See Your Battery Percentage, It's Been Proven. I Charged My Battery To Full Power Just To Put What I Found Out To Test. My Battery Was At 90%. My Wifi Went In An Out Constantly, Never Staying On More Than 10sec. The Second It Hit 50% Wifi Came Back Instantly, Never Disappearing Again.

So What's Been Happening Is When You Restore It, It Resets Your iPhone Momentarily. But As Soon As That Extra Boost Of Battery Life Goes Away....Back To The Same Ole Wifiless iPhone.

Basicly, Time To Get A New Battery Guys. They Run About $89.00 Either Shipping It To Apple Or Going To The Genius Bar. No Need To Buy A New iPhone. This Is The Real Problem.

Hope I Help Eveyone Out There Looking For An Answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridewell29 View Post
    I Have Absolutely Positively Found What The Wifi Problem Is With The 2G iPhones. The Battery!. When The Battery Life Has Dropped. Wifi Will Not Work If Your Battery Life Is Higher? Than 50% I Thought This Was B.S. Until I Tried It. If You Have An Actual App That Allows You To See Your Battery Percentage, It's Been Proven. I Charged My Battery To Full Power Just To Put What I Found Out To Test. My Battery Was At 90%. My Wifi Went In An Out Constantly, Never Staying On More Than 10sec. The Second It Hit 50% Wifi Came Back Instantly, Never Disappearing Again.

So What's Been Happening Is When You Restore It, It Resets Your iPhone Momentarily. But As Soon As That Extra Boost Of Battery Life Goes Away....Back To The Same Ole Wifiless iPhone.

Basicly, Time To Get A New Battery Guys. They Run About $89.00 Either Shipping It To Apple Or Going To The Genius Bar. No Need To Buy A New iPhone. This Is The Real Problem.

Hope I Help Eveyone Out There Looking For An Answer.
    I'll only post this here and none of the othre topics you posted in: I would REALLY like to hear how replacing your battery is going to help your wifi.
    Even IF it was true what you said, and it had something to do with battery, that would likely be a software issue, not a hardware one.