Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Different Lock Button?

Default Different Lock Button?
    My lock button doesn't work anymore, and I don't want to go purchase a 3g now because the new iPhone will obviously be better.

Does anyone know of an app or a mod that I can do to make it so I can lock the screen without using the default lock button?

By "lock" button are you referring to the "power" button? Im sure it could be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    By "lock" button are you referring to the "power" button? Im sure it could be fixed.

They are both the same button, how can I fix it?

Well, honestly it depends on why its broke. Which I wouldnt know unless the phone was in front of me. I dont know of any other way of locking the screen except for letting it autolock. But opening the phone up Im sure it could be fixed or replaced (if needed).

They are both the same button, how can I fix it?

???

The lock button and power button are the same button...

Yes, I asnwered your question 3 posts back, before you said that the second time.

Well, honestly it depends on why its broke. Which I wouldnt know unless the phone was in front of me. I dont know of any other way of locking the screen except for letting it autolock. But opening the phone up Im sure it could be fixed or replaced (if needed).
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-04-28 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

oh woops, my bad.

It'd probably be worth it to me to open it because it is so old and beat up already. The black plastic part of my case has completely fallen off and is now lost.

Might as well open it up.

OH and do you know of any mods that I could throw on that one section of my backplate? Or the whole thing for that matter. I have a 2G iPhone.

Well, check out ifixit.com for a good guide to opening it up.

And you can (might as well) buy a new housing and antenna cover (black piece on the bottom) for it pretty cheap on ebay and make it look like new.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

danburnsred (2009-04-28)

thanks, I'll have to check that out.

The button is part of a flex cable that also attachs to the headphone jack and other buttons. It could be the button itself being loose, or you may have to replace the entire ribbon assembly, which you can also get fairly cheap on ebay, its a little bit of a job...but doable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

danburnsred (2009-04-29)