Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found old posts on this, but,

Thanks

Default Found old posts on this, but,
    I don't think I have found an answer Ever since I went from 2.0.2 to 2.2.1, last week, my edge icon doesn't replace with the wifi logo? I already tried turning it on and off, changing it to the airplance mode, etc.. and the edge icon is still there

When I go into settings, it shows that I am connected to my wifi at home, but the edge icon wont be replaced with the wifi logo?
    Does anyone know why or what I should do to fix this problem?
    I found some old posts on this,and tried their suggestions, but, still no fix on it? It used to work before I went to 2.2.1

Ok, well just wondering if anyone is having the same problem, or has a solution. Thanks guys
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

do you have a theme installed...
    if so maybe its the theme doesnt have that icon or it renamed or something..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mobsta For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-28)

Thanks

Thanks Mobsta, but, no I don't have a theme on it? When I go into the wifi setting in settings, it shows i'm connected But, nope the edge icon still on the homescreen, ugh! I hate it! heheh

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you turned off edge to be sure that you are actually connected to your wifi network?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-29)

Thanks

OK Captain, I know you are gonna think WHAT!, but, where do I go to turn the edge off? I know dumb question, and I'm sure i've done it before, but, I can't seem to find in setting where the heck I do that at

And you know what?? I had been wondering, darn, am I even on the wifi, cuz it seems to load slow?? UGH!!

Thanks

download SBSettings from Cydia, then swipe your finger across the status bar, then click edge, and it turns it off

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-30)

Thanks

Hey Lach, I did what you said, I downloaded the sb settings from cydia,and rebooted springboard, but, where do I find it on my homescreen? I don't see an icon, and under settings, it seems to be the same as before?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    download SBSettings from Cydia, then swipe your finger across the status bar, then click edge, and it turns it off
    There isnt a icon, just swipe your finger across the status bar, which is where the time is, the battery and signal etc is, and then a little pop up window will show up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-30)

Thanks

Hey Lach, ok I did what you said, and sure enough I AM on freaking edge! Ugh! I turned off the edge, and tried to check my stocks, and it said error retrieving chart, or something like that, which I guess means can't connect, so I went back and turned it back on, and it worked, so if I was on wifi, it would have worked. But, the wifi little icon is green though, saying it's on? I'm confused

Should I have some settings configured or something for wifi to be turned on? I know it says wifi address n/a which is non applicable I guess?? Under settings then general, it says wifi, and my username, but, should i have something under VPN?cuz it says not configured? Or does that not have anything to do with it? I just know that before I went to 2.2.1, I always had the wifi signal, since thats what I have here at home. No wonder everything seems to load slow! ugh!

Thanks

haha i thought that was the case, yeah that means that it could not connect to the net.

go into settings> Wifi, then click on your wireless internet, tap the little blue arrow, then tap on "Forget this network"

then, search for a wireless internet again, click on your wireless, enter in the correct passwords etc and it should work.

I had the same problem ages ago, it said it was conncected but it simply wasnt! got annoying. so give that a shot anyway!
    and dont worry about VPN,

Thanks

Lach! OMG!! It worked

Thank you soo much! Geesh! You have helped me soo much with all my problems, I appreciate it soo much! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

It was driving me crazy already

Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks

oh glad to see it worked no problems happy to help!