Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issue with custom text tones (Winterboard Issue?)

Default Issue with custom text tones (Winterboard Issue?)
    Hey all, just jailbroken my iPhone a few days ago and loving it so far. Ran into an issue with a particular part of changing the sounds for text tones into something else. Every other sound on my device is customised (the Metal Gear Codec Theme on Cydia) and working fine but the SMS tones are just lock clicks.

I've browsed into the phone and they playback fine using iPhoneBrowser.
    Have also removed Winterboard and reinstalled it with just the Metal Gear theme to check there were no conflicts and the problem persists.
    Any thoughts? The best idea I can come up with is that the filesize is too lareg (>500kb) and this makes them impossible to play back by the iPhone's software

Sorry to bump but I'm having real difficulty finding anyone with this same issue.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

how long is the tone? that can often affect whether it will work or not.
    you can download quickSMS from cydia, which offers a feature allowing you to assign sms tones for different contacts

Ta for the idea about QuickSMS, I may have to keep that in mind.
    It turns out actually that another Tones app I'd installed had expired in it's trial and as such had basically bushwhacked my capability to assign text tones properly. Forget the damn thing was even there.

Consider this thread closed

Thanks

no worries, I have been using it and it goes along nicely!
    ah was that tonefxs? haha yeah 5 day trial goes off real quick n it bugs ya!