Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: empty text

Default empty text
    i get empty text msg everytime i checked the voicemail because it shows the red dot and so i try to reset the network, turn the phone off and on, even update to version 2.2.1 on this 2g phone and still have that red dot. Called up Tmobile and they disable the voicemail notification on the phone. It seems to work as in i don't get an empty blank text message anymore everytimes i check my voicemail but now the red dot is still there. Can someone tell me what happens?

Thanks

Hi!

I am having the same problem today! I've never had this problem all this time, and all of a sudden, it started happening today! I don't know what gives! I'm on 3g iphone, unlocked 2.2.1 with t-mobile. This blank text shows up everytime i check my voicemail and everytime i receive a voicemail. Please help!
    Last edited by Cassy; 2009-04-24 at 05:37 AM.

Yea it happens to me today as well. I have been using this phone ever since the first batch of 2g that came out and never had anything like this b4 until today. Well you can call up tmobile and tell them to disable the voicemail notification and it wont happens anymore but then you still have that red dot all the time.

I am having the same issue. The dot seems to have gone away but I am still having the problem with the blank text message. The weirdest part is the date on the message is Sep.4, 2012 8:08 pm. The date on my phone says Feb. 24 , 2009 8:08 AM.

UPDATE:
    I just spoke with T-mobile. Apparently they have been making updates to their software in the T-mobile system over the past few weeks. Part of the updates they did were to the speed up the internet on the network, but in the process they screwed up the voicemail notifier settings. They told me it is not a priority to fix it since the problem is only happening on phones they do not currently offer. I reminded them that there are many of us loyal customers out there that decided to stay with t-mobile and spend $$ on unlocked iphones instead of making the switch to AT&T and that they should try to fix the bug to avoid losing us. They said to give it a week and they will be making improvements to the software on their end.

The only solution for the time being is to have T-mobile disable the voicemail notification. In this case you will no longer receive any text messages or a dot indicator when you receive a voicemail. **I do suggest for everyone having the same problem to call T-mobile and remind them you are a loyal customer and would appreciate them fixing the bug. If they receive enough of us complaining about the same issue I am sure they will be more willing to fix the problem quicker. **
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-04-24 at 02:44 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Whatever you guys do, don't try to call the blank number from the text, it will crash your springboard and you will get some weird srceen shots, i'll post them here in a second.

Figured it out, well atleast whats actually going on with my phone, and I got screen shots this time!

So what I'm seeing is I get a voicemail, when I go to check it I get this phantom blank text(look at the date/time stamp though sep 9 2012 5:09pm) I can't reply to it and when I try to call the blank number it crashes my springboard resulting in the last two pics.
    Last edited by crashzilla00; 2009-04-24 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

yup, having the same deal on both iPhones that we have.
    I just did a restart on both phones and the notification badge went away and deleted the phantom voice mail notification.
    Not that this has fixed the problem T Mo is having but just cleared it, most likely temporarily. Sux

Oh I forgot to mention that if you turn on floght mode and turn it back off, the badge will also go away until you get another voicemail.

I just read on Hackint0sh forums that one person tried a new sim from Tmobile to fix the problem. Here is their post:
    "So here is the fix to the issues. Since I was in the same boat as everyone else in this forum I went down to the local T-Mobile store and tried my SIM on one of there phones. (yes, I know, pain in butt) So that proved basically nothing other than, the T-Mobile software/locked phones did not exhibit the same problem. Then I recalled a post I read a long time ago about the voicemail indicator always showing up when you power on and off the iPhone. The solution to that was to replace the SIM card. So I asked the guy at the store to give me a new SIM since mine was a couple of years old anyway. What could it hurt, right? Anyway, that did the trick. As soon as I powered up the phone the Voicemail indicator went away and when I checked Voicemail, the blank messages stopped showing up. So everyone on here having the problem, get in your car and run on down to the T-Mobile store and take the, literally, 2 minutes to get a replacement SIM and all of your worries will be gone.
    One thing to note, you will have to add the APN back into the phone to get data working again.
    Enjoy!"

I have not personally tested this yet but I am on the way to T-mobile now to see if I will get the same success. If anyone else tries this method, please post your success or failure. Thanks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-04-24)

I'll give it a shot this weekend, good find and thanks.

Okay, so I tested this theory and it does not work. We are just going to have to keep urging T-mobile to fix the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Okay, so I tested this theory and it does not work. We are just going to have to keep urging T-mobile to fix the problem.
    Yup, just got off the phone with T Mo and they are aware of prob. I guess if enough of us call and complain they may react.

Anyone with the solution to it please post it up. I already called tmobile and they disabled my voicemail notification and so i don't get that blank txt anymore but for some reason i still have that red dot.

well here a theme i just dled and add some of my taste to it but yea it's call Damino if someone is intersted

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    Anyone with the solution to it please post it up. I already called tmobile and they disabled my voicemail notification and so i don't get that blank txt anymore but for some reason i still have that red dot.
    I did a restart and it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I did a restart and it went away.
    Do you mean turning it off and on again? If so i did that like a 1000 times and it's still there. Also i reset it by holding power+home and it's still there. I resping springboard n it still there. Iono, i just gave up on it

Try reseting the network settings and/or removing and reinserting the sim card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    Do you mean turning it off and on again
    Yup, that's what I did. I missed a call a few minutes ago and I also got the phantom text. This is a pisser for sure.
    Did a restart and the notification badge went away.

See i was on 2.2 for the 2g and thought it was a bug and went ahead and updated t 2.2.1 and it still has it so i just tried to take the sim out and it's still there. I don't know what else to do. I've done everything, from shut it on and off, reseting it, reset network, taking sim out, nothing work. Well i guess ill just wait to see if next firmware can fix it.

If you are worried about getting the indicator to go away until the problem is fixed here is the solution:
    1. Call 611(t-mobile) and have them disable the voicemail notifier on your line.
    2. Remove your sim, reset your phone, then reinsert sim after reboot.
    If the above didn't work do the following
    3. Go to a tmobile store and have them give you a new sim card.
    4. Insert the new sim after resetting the network settings.
    The indicator on your phone should have gone away by now.

***Make sure you have no new voice messages, and you have deleted all of the blank texts before trying these steps.***

For now I believe the problem with the indicator remaining on the phone may be due to a new voice mail still in the inbox prior to resetting. Please post your success of failure. This has only been tested so far with 3G iPhones on 2.2 and 2.2.1. I have not tested it on any 2G's yet. Again, there is not much we can due for now until T-mobile has fixed the bug on their end.

koolcat-The iphone firmware has nothing to do with the problem we are experiencing. This is an issue solely with the way t-mobile sends packets out to notify of voicemail and then to remove the voicemail notification. This is a t-mobile software issue. Please read earlier posts.
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-04-25 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks

Hey guys, glad to see these posts, I had actually asked someone about this yesterday. I thought is was only me, since I had to restore, unlock and rejailbreak my phone all over again, so I went from 2.0.2, to 2.2.1 and thought it was something i did wrong So anyways, I get the same, where I guess I miss a call, and I guess they leave me a voicemail, but it sends me a text, just blank, I don't have the problem of the little red dot though??
    but my question is....
    Are we actually missing a voicemail? Cuz I called my iphone from home, and left me a message, and yep, it sent me a text!

So I guess I just answered my own question huh

Anyways, So even if t-mobile fixes this, aren't we just missing voicemails

Hey guys, so does anyone know if T-mobile is still having these issues? Just wondering if anyone heard any updates on this? I just realized, that if I get an empty text, it means I have a voicemail. But, it's weird, that I am not getting the red dot that most of you guys are getting? Weird!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-27 at 09:53 AM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

If we were to use trapcall or youmail, would this issue (getting blank texts) still exist?
    -Ivan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast