Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone is going to apple :( ... how can I activate my friends iphone with my sim??

Default my iphone is going to apple :( ... how can I activate my friends iphone with my sim??
    hi people....

thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

My phone is going to apple via apple care service .....

well here's the issue....half of my screen doesnt work anymore, I'm not sure what the problem is, I've already reseted and restored my iphone and didn't work..... so it's going to its birthplace...

they offered me a loaner PHONE and I didn't take it because I bought another iphone a week ago from my friend, he didn't like the phone and he sold it to me for $170...what a deal...!!

well when I tried to activate it through itunes it says that it's not my iphone when I placed my SIM in it.

my question is......can I activate my friend's iphone for my personal use???? becasue when I tried to it took me to the NEW REGISTRATION screen...???

Why don't you Jailbreak and activate it with Ziphone. Then you can use your sim in the Iphone. Easy really.

how can I do that??? link????

http://www.ziphone.org/

only choose to activate it and jailbreak it. DO NOT select Do it all. It will downgrade your bootloader if you are on a 1.1.2 Out of The Box Iphone. PM me if you need.

glj

Ok ?
    Last edited by glj100; 2008-03-09 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanksfvor your help....

but i tried and my friends name is still showing up and it's asking me to register my new phone when I have my sim in there

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    thanksfvor your help....

but i tried and my friends name is still showing up and it's asking me to register my new phone when I have my sim in there
    How did you do this ?

I have an Iphone but NO contract and can use any sim in it. You must not have done something, let me know and I will help.

i think i messed it up....

It worked a minute ago but it was showing his name as the owner of he phone instead of mine...

just to let you know I do have an att account

When you use Ziphone it will activate it for any AT&T sim and will let you put other apps on the Iphone. I would restore the Iphone first to whichever version you want I would use 1.1.4 then Ziphone the Iphone.

it worked.....

thanks a lot.....

it's up and running..

Glad it worked.

Remember to give Thanks!