Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone not displaying contacts name, just number? Formatting?

Default Iphone not displaying contacts name, just number? Formatting?
    Hey all

Well i have a bug with my iphone, im in the uk and have changed peoples mobile numbers to +4477 etc.. when they text me its fine and when the text flashes up on the desktop the name is displayed, but when they ring it doesnt associate the number with the contact and just displays the number like 077..., if I change peoples numbers to the 077 format, when they ring it comes up but when they text it does not!

When i go into my messages it has the correct name there but not when it flashes up when recived,

Any way round this?

Thanks

Ninja

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

i know its a pain but for commonly texted people you could enter both numbers, the 077 format and the +4477 format

on nov 9th when the uk phone comes out maybe you can use that firmaware file to solve your problem
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

I'm also after a firmer resolution for this issue - is there anything that can be done now, rather than wait 6 weeks?

Any help would be appreciated.

This works perfectly for both phone calls and sms. http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7736
    You need to pick the right number matching though, eg in the uk the number format is 0xxxxxxxxxx or +44xxxxxxxxxx, as there are 10 x's i got the appsupport-10

Warning guys!

This does NOT work for v1.1.1 !!!

When you put the modded appsupport file in place the phone wont boot anymore.

Having to restore now....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the iphone flipping sucks balls! so far i experiencing all the major probs and still no one here has a solid damn fix for 1.1.4.
    -camera wont work
    -youtube wont work
    -email wont work
    -caller names wont appear unless they were manually programed into my phone rather swapped from my sim card via isim
    im fed up w this piece of ****. who wants it for $300
    Last edited by ghost0211; 2008-05-28 at 03:09 AM.