Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to unhide icons without Poof

Default Need to unhide icons without Poof
    Hey,

Im at the Apple Store and I am trying to hide my jailbreak by renaming apps, installing CyDelete, and changing app names, but when I tried changing Poof's name, it sent my phone into recovery mode. I rebooted, and everything is fine, but there is no Cydia, Winterboard, Poof, etc. All I have left is finder. I dont want to risk anything before my appt with the genius bar for my earbuds, but would going into finder, changing Poof's name BACK to Poof, then launching it through Finder work? I would just do it, but the last thing I want to do is try to explain how my un-jailbroken phone SOMEHOW went into recovery mode. Thanks

-Andrew

I came in with cydia on my phone one day......and threw it on like page 4 to "hide" it and they never noticed.

Keep in mind, I only had the stock apps showing, so only 1 page....so they didnt look any further

PS- Do they really check out the phone if your swapping earbuds??

Nevermind, I got it. What I did was made a theme of old 1.1.x jailbreak app icons to cover up Cyida, Winterboard etc. Then I installed Poof to hide it and put a different icon over it. Just in case, I had CyDelete installed and tried changing the app's name. Did that in MobileFinder and Poof crashed. I rebooted and my phone is in recovery mode 20 minutes before my appointment! I finally just decided to reboot and everything came up fine. Before I went in depth trying to unhide these icons, I remembered SBSettings had the option to unhide things, did that, and used WinSCP to uninstall my corrupt Poof file. Everything is good now!

PS. After all of that trouble just to get earbuds replaced, the genius bar guy got my phone, went to settings, looked at it, took my phone number and get me replacements. <_<

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I came in with cydia on my phone one day......and threw it on like page 4 to "hide" it and they never noticed.

Keep in mind, I only had the stock apps showing, so only 1 page....so they didnt look any further

PS- Do they really check out the phone if your swapping earbuds??
    Yea, they check out your phone for even an earbud situations. They did this to me a few months ago and refused to replace my earbuds because they saw my modded dock. I went back a few hours later with everything turned off and they replaced them

Default How did you delete corrupt poof file?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Nevermind, I got it. What I did was made a theme of old 1.1.x jailbreak app icons to cover up Cyida, Winterboard etc. Then I installed Poof to hide it and put a different icon over it. Just in case, I had CyDelete installed and tried changing the app's name. Did that in MobileFinder and Poof crashed. I rebooted and my phone is in recovery mode 20 minutes before my appointment! I finally just decided to reboot and everything came up fine. Before I went in depth trying to unhide these icons, I remembered SBSettings had the option to unhide things, did that, and used WinSCP to uninstall my corrupt Poof file. Everything is good now!

PS. After all of that trouble just to get earbuds replaced, the genius bar guy got my phone, went to settings, looked at it, took my phone number and get me replacements. <_<
    Hey, my SBSettings dock is corrupt and remains after uninstall / re-installs. I need to find the data file to delete it. Where did you find the corrupt poof file when you winscp'd it? Thanks