Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: im new =) i need just a lil help

Default im new =) i need just a lil help
    ok so back in the day whenever the motoslvr came out i had it hacked or w/e u want to call it on modmymoto, now i have the iphone 3g and its jailbroken, i very talented with computers and kno what im doing most of the time..i kno how to put themes and stuff on my phone from cydia and winterboard and all that stuff..but like how do u get the themes off of this site and then transfer them to your phone? is there a certain program i need to download plz help thanks guys

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to download OpenSSH off of Cydia and download WinSCP, if on Windows, to your comp. Just search for a SSH guide on how to get the pws working.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    You need to download OpenSSH off of Cydia and download WinSCP, if on Windows, to your comp. Just search for a SSH guide on how to get the pws working.
    i have windows vista if that helps anything? and whats pws? im sorry it takes me a while to figure out all the basics lol

Thanks

If there is a d/l link, click on it and save it and the un-zip it or un-rar.
    Then you can ssh the theme on to the phone.

ok, after i download the theme and stuff, how do i transfer it from my comp to phone?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, pws = passwords. There's a setup and I can't remember the whole thing. You need to put WinSCP on your pc, and download OpenSSH from Cydia. Google for iPhone ssh guide or something and it should help.

since i have vista could i not just extract the files without the winscp? or do i need winscp anyways?

live wire download winterboard and iphonebrowser...

open iphne browser..
    when it sees ur phone go to the goto tab n click winterboard theme...
    then unzip the theme...
    and drag n drop the files into the box thats next to the phones files

no ssh no winscp no pws nothing
    just those 2 programs ur comp ur phone n the theme
    Last edited by mobsta; 2009-04-22 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost