Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! My iPhone is doing some crazy stuff.

Default Help! My iPhone is doing some crazy stuff.
    I have a Jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with a considerable amount of apps. The other day, I was using the screen shot program and the customize program at once, trying to rearrange my app icons and take a screen shot of them. After customize worked, my screenshot option on my phone disappeared so I went to relaunch screen shot. Every time I tried to open the screen shot program, my phone would show that spinning circle thing and ask me to slide to unlock it again. I thought watevs and restarted my phone. When I restarted it, ALL of my apps disappeared, my carrier logo became "iPod," my dock disappeared, and all that was left was my springboard background.
    I can still receive calls, and make outgoing calls only after I am called (the phone app automatically opens after being called.) I can listen to music by double-pressing my home button, and according to iTunes, and iFuntastic, all my files are still there. I just can't access any of them. I tried restarting my phone numerous times, but nothing changed and my last resort is the quick customer-service solution of resetting my phone. Hopefully there's an easier solution. Any help is immensely appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

MAybe your problem has something to do with-how did you put it?-considerable amount of apps. You thought about maybe uninstalling one or two? it might help. just delete some files from the iphone with what ever you can use on it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to seann33uk For This Useful Post:

JacquesChirac (2008-03-10)

Default thanks
    Thanks for the advice. At this point, I can't access installer, but I'll try to manually uninstall a lot of apps using iFuntastic.

Thanks

i sometimes have problems with apps crashing and not opening again. i put it down to dodgy apps from the community sources.

if i ever have any problems i just restore the phone and re-jailbreak again. everythings synced through itunes so it's not really a major problem just got to dl all the apps again (with more caution!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

JacquesChirac (2008-03-10)

truu. I may have to just restore it and stuff cuz manually deleting all my apps isn't doing much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have heard the screen shot app is rather unstable and have seen recommendations not to use it. Additionally, the first thing you should do after a restore is to install and run BossTool to free up disk space b/c if you don't you're Installer will not allow you to install or uninstall programs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

JacquesChirac (2008-03-13)

is bosstool an app I can find from installer?

Okay! I reset my phone and used bosstools. Everything seems up and running. Thank you for your help!