Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My first post and question

Default My first post and question
    Hi all, I*just got a iphone 3g**two weeks ago and eager to jump in and start to messing around with things.*Finding this site to have a bunch of*friendly*knowledgeable people i have learned a lot so far. I have upgraded to the beta firmware a few days ago and for the most part it is working great. I do have a question about the mms part of texting on the iphone with the beta. First a little background information to go along with the question. I have a shared family plan with unlimited data and texting with at&t for the past four years consisting of four phones. My wife and Kids are into the texting big time with several hundred a day, always sending pictures, clips and just plain text daily and i have sent my fair share as well. After my phone had issues two weeks ago my wife took it down to att to have them look at it and they said it was unrepairable and that's when she upgraded me to the iphone. Well after that we all noticed that none of us could send or receive*any mms text messages only plain text. All could still access the web and email. I know that the iphone does not support mms and was not concerned about mine. Well after upgrading the iphone to os 3 it should have the capability but when attempting get the blue exclamation error. I called at&t yesterday to see if they where blocking the service on the iphone as well as the rest of the phones since it worked on all the phones till we added the iphone in the mix. They said everything looked good on their side and nothing was being blocked. After 1 1/2 hrs trouble shooting all the phones and confirming settings they suddenly started working again and able to send mms on the old phones with no problem.* Now thinking that they must of turned something off and then turned it back on, i tried the iphone but it still will not work.* I then switched the sim cards with one of my other phones and the iphone mms works perfect no problems, what ever phone i put the sim card from the iphone in can not send or receive mms. Rechecked all the settings on the phone with iphone sim card all all was good. Now the questions are how is at&t blocking the mms? Is it something on the sim card or are they blocking it by the phone number registered to the sim card. Figured if it was a setting on the sim card there is hope of changing the settings but if it is blocked by at&t on their side by phone number no hope.* I know its not the Iphone it self since it works great with any of the other three sim cards in it.* What are the odds that at&t is going to want to charge another monthly fee for the iphone to turn it on when the new software goes public this summer? And finally what are the odds for such a long posting i could get credit for ten postings, *new guy and need to build my stats up ;-)* Thanks

Thanks

Paragraphs, kid
    To live, you have to lie

ATT receives your IMEI from each phone when it is active on their network...this is like a fingerprint for the phone...they know exactly what your using and you cant do anything about it. So they can adjust services automatically if they dont follow guidelines.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

nothing you can do about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ATT receives your IMEI from each phone when it is active on their network...this is like a fingerprint for the phone...they know exactly what your using and you cant do anything about it. So they can adjust services automatically if they dont follow guidelines.
    ^+1

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Your IMEIs will stab you in the back EVERY TIME. They are shady like that.