Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not enough free space - iPhone 3G Jailbroken

Default Not enough free space - iPhone 3G Jailbroken
    Before you flame me, I have searched and it is all old info, I've installed BossTool, and it didn't help.

Here are some screenshots of what I'm experiencing, can anybody assist? Yes that is a weight loss hypnosis app, don't judge me!

Thanks

did you happen to upgrade rather than restore firmware at some point?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

everytime you upgrade and jailbreak you lose space because it doesnt copy over old jailbroken files. you need to restore to make sure your phone has a clean slate

Always restore with cfw.Don't hit the upgrade button on itunes.Everytime when you hit it,you will lose about 500 mb. space till you restore it again...

A few weeks ago my battery was dying within a few hours every day. I knew that some process was running out of control. So I did a restore of the FW erasing everything. I then re jailbroke it. In iTunes I went from about 500 MB of "other" to around 200.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hit the relocate fonts button and it will free up some space.

I did, and it got me 100MB!!! So does this all mean that when I'm installing apps via cydia or **********, that they are already going to the user partition? And if so, what the hell is taking up the 400MB on the primary partition?

Default boos tools doesnt work
    hey guys i am trying to free some space up, my iphone is going really slow and i dont have much apps or apps from cydia. what can i do ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sickrex05 View Post
    hey guys i am trying to free some space up, my iphone is going really slow and i dont have much apps or apps from cydia. what can i do ?
    you may have to restore to a new iPhone. Do you have winterboard installed? with a graphics intensive theme?

yes i have winterboard installed, yeh with a megan fox theme but i had it befor and it was never thisn slow lol ,... i tryed d/ling boss tools but its not letting me cuz i have the new firmware ..

Thanks

I havent installed winterboard in a while haha i like a faster phone ,
    are you familiar with openSSH? and ssh'ing into your iPhone?
    if so, check the Megan Fox theme you have installed, and see what folders are there, it might be wise to delete ui images folder if ya dont want them, as these images hog the phone's RAM. It wont fix ya space problem, but it will make your iPhone quicker .

ui images are the ones that came with the phone? if i delete them and i wanna restore my phone will the come back ? or r u talking about the ones that are in the theme folder? and is there n e way to get more space and more ram lol i am kinda new to this

how much slower does winterboard make your phone?... im just using transparent dock and no docked labels (because im using reflective dock) does that kill my ram?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Thanks

okay well maybe you should download SBSettings off cydia, it is a pretty awsome app that also tells you the amount of avalable ram. currently, i have a iphone that doesnt have winterboard installed, just the stock theme, and i have 49mb free memory (RAM). When you have a theme installed, check to see how much memory you have left. The less the amount of ram, the slower your iphone will be.

@sickrex05: the UIImages folder in your THEME, (that you select in winterboard), is what i was talking about, these are the images that work in other apps etc that slow down your phone a lot more. If you SSH into your phone and delete the UIImages foler in your theme, then your phone should be a lot faster.

Persoanlly, when my iPhone gets really slow i restore it to a new phone, i hate a slow iphone haha, i used to love all the themes but having a slow phone took its toll.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (2009-07-09), sickrex05 (2009-07-09)

thanks for the help ...