Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync iPhone with Linux

Arrow Sync iPhone with Linux
    Ok, ive got my iphone on 3.0 and dont plan on jailbreaking it until a a final version of both quick pwn and 3.0 os come out. Anyways i started using linux recently and i want to use it completly instead of vista, can i sync my ipphone on linux

Nope.

what if i jailbreak my phone?

kinda

you can ssh some of your files, the only way that you could sync with itunes is if you use wine to run windows itunes but idk if it is supported... id doubt it

EDIT: itunes doesnt sync under wine

[ame]http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33754[/ame]

try that
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 2009-04-19 at 04:45 AM.

Hey,

I use Ubuntu and Amarok to sync my iPhone on 2.0 firmware and its SO much faster then using iTunes. Also having ALL the artwork is a nice touch too. When i upgraded to 3.0, I found you couldn't sync anymore(properly), possibly due the new firmware restrictions. I edited the XML file in the Lockdown folder, managed to sync the songs i wanted.

Rebooted, and sure enough they were not there, then i hooked up my iPhone to iTunes(beats the point), let it sync,and there they were, all my songs but unplayable. So they does copy over but doesn't play, it just skips them as if they were not there at all.If anyone could help on this problem id be more then greatful- Hell, we all would be)

I use VirtualBox and yes you can sync and Jailbreak too ^_^ you just have to connect and reconnect at the right time.
    Last edited by gliitch; 2009-05-14 at 07:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I use this method and it works great.

I have also done something similar with VMWare (not free).

I am running Linux Mint and not regular Ubuntu. I also got it working on CrunchBang.