Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Earbud Replacement Question

Default Earbud Replacement Question
    Hey,

Well just recently, my earbuds broke. When I plug them in, that blat the sound instead of playing it nicely. I plan on taking them back, they are still under warranty, but will they replace it since my phone is jailbroken? I know jailbreaking is software and the earbuds are hardware, but because Apple claims jailbreaking is illegal, will they replace my earbuds? Thanks.

-Andrew

Just backup your phone, as it is now, using iTunes, and restore it in the original state i.e. put it back into jail. lol
    Then when you come back with your earphones replaced, just re-jailbreak it and restore the backup you made, and you should be good to have your phone how it was before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

They replaced mine without even checking my phone.I had it in my hand so he knew i had one.

It would be nice if I could just bring it there. With my 1st gen iPhone, I got my earbuds fixed with a jailbroken phone, but jailbreaking was "illegal". You think if I just rename the apps and change their icons, as long as they just look at it, they should have no clue...