Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am getting really Angry, help please

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I am getting really Angry, help please
    OK-
    I have googled and looked and I am stuck.

Here it goes...
    I have a 3G on AT&T. I wanted a larger root partition folder so I used a mac and created a custom firmware using Pwange Tool. I followed the directions and it worked. I then jailbroke the phone and all was good. Today I needed to restore the phone. I have a PC, and have attempted everything under the sun to get it to work using the firmware that I made on the mac and it WON'T work.
    The firmware I made is 2.2.1 with a 750MB partition. It includes Cydia, as well as regular boot screens. I did not include Installer.

So far I have done the DFU mode resore in itunes and I get my USB ports are not 2.0 message, I have tried this on 2 different PC's.
    I also tried the restore mode and the process hangs at the boot screen and then I get a 1604 error message.

Please help. I am no willing to give up which is a problem because I will smash things along the way...help

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Try using a USB hub.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

You dont put the iPhone into DFU mode for every restore AFTER the first one.

Turn your iPhone off, plug it into usb and make sure itunes is open, then turn your phone on, holding ONLY the home button.

You will then get the usb cable on the iPhone screen and you can then restore to your firmware.

If this doesnt work then get hold of the latest pwnage tool for windows, create a custom firmware and at the end when you re told to restore in iTunes - restore to the firmware you want instead of the one you would of just made.

You dont put the iPhone into DFU mode for every restore AFTER the first one.

Turn your iPhone off, plug it into usb and make sure itunes is open, then turn your phone on, holding ONLY the home button.

You will then get the usb cable on the iPhone screen and you can then restore to your firmware.

If this doesnt work then get hold of the latest pwnage tool for windows, create a custom firmware and at the end when you re told to restore in iTunes - restore to the firmware you want instead of the one you would of just made.
    Last edited by reeko; 2009-04-19 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker