Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What happened? Can someone help

Thanks

Default What happened? Can someone help
    My iphone just keeps rebooting, and even if I turn it off, or whatever I do, I can't get it to work? I mean it rings and all, but, can't answer it, cuz as soon as I touch the screen, there goes the little circle?? It could be one of 2 things I did this morning?
    This morning, I went into, I think it was Cydia, anyways, it said I needed to upgrade an essential something, I guess and app?
    So I did, and now my phone just has the little circle rebooting over and over, I try to "slide to unlock" it, and as soon as I hit the screen, i see the little circle in the middle of the screen again?
    OR, it could have been when I went into settings, and pressed touch? Not sure what it was, but, it I turned on something, that was, like to adjust the touch on the screen I guess?

I keep getting the window that says, "sorry for the inconvience, springboard has just crashed,your device is running in safe mode, all extensions that support this safety system are disabled.
    reboot for restart or to return to normal mode touch status bar"

Also, when it reboots, a wallpaper comes up and has a sad iphone in black and white, and it says by Geoff Steams?

Does anyone know what happened, or what I need to do to make it work again? I've tried off and on, Ive tried rebooting it, not sure what else to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Place the phone into DFU mode and restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-17)

Thanks

ok, sorry if I sound clueless, but, well, I kinda am when you say dfu mode, how do I do that? And restore is hooking it up to itunes right? Sorry, i'm not all that savy with my iphone, and someone helped me, when I first unlocked it and all.

Another question, if i restore it, will I lose cydia and installer? Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I feel like crying right now, I am usually really careful when messing with my phone, cuz i know that I am not really smart when it comes to fixing things on it, but, again, not really sure which of the 2 things I did that messed it up? Anyways, thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    ok, sorry if I sound clueless, but, well, I kinda am when you say dfu mode, how do I do that? And restore is hooking it up to itunes right? Sorry, i'm not all that savy with my iphone, and someone helped me, when I first unlocked it and all.

Another question, if i restore it, will I lose cydia and installer? Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I feel like crying right now, I am usually really careful when messing with my phone, cuz i know that I am not really smart when it comes to fixing things on it, but, again, not really sure which of the 2 things I did that messed it up? Anyways, thanks again
    haha its ok we are all in this situation at some point ,

follow this tutorial from a site called iClarified, to put your iPhone into DFU mode.

Step One
    Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac.

Step Two
    Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

Step Three
    After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black like this:

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

The link to this site is as follows; iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

When it comes up with the sad iPhone screen, it means that your phone is in "Safe Mode". It does this when something installed on your phone is causing problems. Try removing any application that you may have recently installed if possible.

And yeah, when you restore you will lose cydia and all those applications, the only things you will be able to install are those applications downloaded from iTunes.

You will have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPod , Hope this helps and goodluck with it all!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-17)

Thanks

Oh, no! I don't have a mac, I know, I really want one, maybe for my birthday coming up I have dumb windows xp. I've done it on this laptop before, the jailbreak and unlock and all that along time ago, of course I had help. I am willing to pay if I could like call someone, or on instant messanger, so I can do step by step and know I am doing it right?? If you have paypal, I can put the money on your account? Sorry, if I sound desperate, but, I am! hehehe If there is anyone that would take money, in exchange to help me step by step, so I don't screw up my phone even more, that would be awesome! Thanks again, gonna try the iclarified deal, and cross your fingers, I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, I think I just confused myself.....is restoring it the same as unlocking it? Like when I am done restoring it, am I gonna be able to use the phone? Im not with att, i'm with t-mobile?
    Are these the steps, Restore, Unlock then jailbreak? Or am I all wrong? hehe sorry, not sure why all of a sudden I am thinking that restoring it,is the same as unlocking it? I guess I am just nervous doing it all by myself this time
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-17 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks

lol ok first off you dont need to pay anyone haha, im happy to help with instructions here and im sure MANY other people would be to,the DFU mode still works for windows .

yeah well before you do so, just read up on information first, because when you update your iPhone, it can make it impossible to unlock etc, so it can be really confusing.

okay, you basically need to let us know this information about your iPhone.

What firmware version do you have?
    Do you need to unlock your iPhone?

To be on the safe side, if you restore your iPhone to the same firmware version as it already is, then you will still be able to unlock and install cydia etc on your iPhone.

To find out your firmware version, go into Settings> General> About> then look for Version. On the right to that, you will find the Firmware your iPhone is on.

When you know what firmware version you have, you can "Shift+Click" on restore in iTunes, and then select the correct firmware version (The same one that you fount in Settings> General> About> Version) that we found before. That way your iPhone will be the same as what it was before

You are able to update, but to keep it simple and easier, i'd say you should make it easier and dont risk not being able to unlock your iPhone.

This is a lot to understand, but i hope some of it made sense. There are heaps of tutorials on this site that may be helpful, good luck

Restoring means putting your iPhone back to factory settings Example; putting your iPhone back to exactly the way it was when you bought it.

Unlocking; this means that you can unlock your iPhone so you are able to use differnt sim cards with it. Many providers that sell iPhones dont allow this, but the iPhone dev team that make these programs provide ways to do so . But these unlocking programs will only work with certain firmwares and basebands which is a whole new topic lol. Its hard to explain, and im not an expert at all, but hope this info helps. Hope it works out
    Last edited by lach; 2009-04-17 at 05:20 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-17)

Thanks

ok... here gooooeeess...ugh!! I'm scared hehehe thanks for all your help, your awesome! Yes, I just wanted to where it used to be, I don't want to take the chance, that i lock it for good! I have 2.0.2 FW
    darn, when i click on restore and shift at the same time, it brings up my folders in my documents?? What do I click on? ok found the folder with my firmware on there, and clicked it, it says its extracting software? hope im on track? I wish you were on to help me

ok on itunes it's saying preparing iphone software for restore, and the apple logo is on the phone, with the little circle going, how long does it do that, or is it at this point that I should be doing the shift + restore part? Anyone??
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-17 at 08:03 PM.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    ok... here gooooeeess...ugh!! I'm scared hehehe thanks for all your help, your awesome! Yes, I just wanted to where it used to be, I don't want to take the chance, that i lock it for good! I have 2.0.2 FW
    darn, it;s asking me if I want the new version of itunes?? dont know what to do?? Anyone? 8.1.1? download or cancel?
    Proceed as mentioned above. You can update iTunes later.

It'll be fine... just print out the instructions and follow them exactly as written.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to coloradoxmfan For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-17)

Thanks

ok on itunes it's saying preparing iphone software for restore, and the apple logo is on the phone, with the little circle going, how long does it do that, or is it at this point that I should be doing the shift + restore part?

ok, i'm getting it to the point where i see the little pop up window that it talks about in iclarified, about detecting the iphone in recovery mode, BUT.... my screen on the phone is not blank, it has the little itunes cd and the usb cord picture on there?

OMG! Guys what do i do, it finished the restoring and now on my iphone, it shows slide for emergency, in different languages and when i slide it, it shows the keypad and says emergency call, in different languages too? What do I do now? someone pleeeease tell me what to do? it shows the itunes cd and the usb port on the mainscreen where it says slide for emeregency in different languages? I will pay

EDIT.... I just logged on to itunes, and it says that my sims card in the phone is not supported? For me to insert sims card that came with my phone? Geesh! Did I totally screw up my phone now? If you have a paypal account, just tell me how much, and I will gladly pay someone for helping me out with this.
    update....ok, so on the phone screen, it says t-mobile, with the itunes cd and usb picture on it, so maybe I didn't totally screw it up, since it says t-mobile still?? but, yeah, on the itunes homepage, it still says about inserting the correct sims
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-17 at 09:47 PM.

Presumably it's a 2G iPhone? just head over to iClarified, go to tutorials and find the one for unlocking an iPhone 2G
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-18)

Thanks

ok, gonna go over to the site, and check it out, thanks guys, I really appreciate ya'lls help! Have a great evening!

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

You should read up on these things before you attempt them. If someone helped you before, you should probably get their help again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

I have read up on tons of tutorials and all, it's just i'm still nervous doing it all by myself, without having anyone stop me from potentially really screwing it up for good

And I would ask that same person for help, but, unfortunately, they are no longer with us

I will keep reading, and hopefully get brave enough to just do it. Thanks again everyone!

Thanks

well from what i read above you would have restored it fine , jailbreaking your iPhone with QuickPwn is really easy, it works on both xp and vista. If you dont have the program, just google it and you will find it! Then you just need to follow the prompts, and it will do the rest for you.

I rmember the first time i was going to jailbreak (get cydia etc) i was freaking out thinking i was gunna stuff up my iPhone haha.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-19)

Thanks

ok, this is the deal at the moment, I guess I restored it, so I have the att sims card in right now, and i see the homescreen on....of course no service, since I am with t-mobile, so is it now that I guess I jailbreak it?? And when is it that I unlock it? Ugh! I am all confused now or does it not matter in what order I do it? Can someone please tell me, I feel like I am close, but, all of a sudden really confused??

Thanks in advance

Oh! and i forgot, I have it connected to itunes and it is saying another phone previously synced with itunes, asking restore from backup of Prissie's iphone, or set up as new phone? what do i check?? or do I not need to even be on itunes anymore? ORRRR... i do still need itunes to put all my numbers and such back on phone?? ugh!!

ok I already had the pwnge pineapple thing on my laptop, so I went in there, and started that, really easy and smooth until it started looking the BL-39bin? It is saying, "could not find bl 39bin, do you want to search for file" and has the thumb up or down, well I don't know how to search for that file?? or whatever I should do from there I think this pwnge was from last year when I went to 2.0.2, is there a new one I should be using, even if I am just trying to go back to 2.0.2?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-19 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks

yeah its restored ,

okay so now you have to jailbreak it, with QuickPwn.

Okay so you must have the First Gen iPhone? Okay to unlock it you need those files (and that is why QuickPwn was telling you it couldnt find them haha.)

Um, it is probably better to use the most updated QuickPwn (the program with the pineapple), only because there could be bug fixes etc, but it is not necessary for you to jailbreak it .

So use the program you still have im sure thats fine, ill have a look for those programs you were after also!

INSTRUCTIONS
    i would have made some instructions up myself, but i didnt think its worth it when ya can easily find some with google

okay goto the following link,

http://www.answers.yahoo.com/questio...7071232AAH2zk7

Have a look at the Best Answer

There will be links, and pretty clear instructions on where to download the files you need, and it is a guide for windows to .

If you are still not confident, just have a look round and build your confidence.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ip...ient=firefox-a

Look at a lot of these links, hope it helps
    Last edited by lach; 2009-04-19 at 01:46 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-20)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-20)

Thanks

yeah cant get much better than that one ^^ you'll be fine with that!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-20)

Thanks

Ok, thanks for all the info guys, I greatly appreciated it!

I am doing the first step of the iclarified steps, but while I'm downloading the files and such, when is the point when i put in my t-mobile sims card? Is it after all this is done, then I put it in, and it should just work? Ok, anyways, everything is done downloading, let me continue.....cross yo fingers! hehehe

ok, kinda stuck, I'm on step2, but instead of the option update or restore, my itunes is asking restore from backup prissie's iphone, or as new phone? I think I already went through this part yesterday, when I restored it right? so what do I do?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-20 at 03:47 AM.

Set up as a new phone. You can restore your backup later.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-21)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast