Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What happened? Can someone help

Thanks

its all good we were all at this stage one time!
    yeah as soon as it has rebooted, after you have completed all the steps from the above site, your t-mobile sim should work in it!

n yeah just set it up as a new iPhone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-21)

Thanks

Ok, just had a chance to get back on, to start the process again, jury duty all day ugh! hehehe also, I think I never logged out of this site last night

Update! OMG! You guys are not gonna believe this!! I think I did it! It said everything it should all the way to the end! Yaaaay! Ok, but, one more thing....I just stuck my t-mobile card in, and it is saying different sim detected, please connect to itunes? So what now? I thought, once I did all this, I could just stick my t-mobile card in, and it would work? I am missing something right, what?? on the phone it says slide for emergency, and the little cd and usb is on the screen, this is with my t-mobile card in it. On my homescreen, with att card, I do have cydia and installer and all else that should be on there though! Yaaaay! Ok, so I know you 2 guys are probably tired of helping me, but, I appreciate it soo much, you have no idea But, how do I get my t-mobile sim card to work now?? Have i maybe just restored and jailbroken my phone, but, not unlocked it yet??
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-21 at 02:53 AM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

haha i think we have all done that before ,
    okay, well when you jailbroke it (With QuickPwn) did you click the unlock box during the jailbreak? sorry im just trying to get some info so we can figure out exactly what the problem is.

Put the original sim in the phone and connect it to iTunes, as ya phone wanted in the first place,

and then turn your iPhone off and put in your T-Mobile sim card. Then turn it back on and let us know exactly what it says. If you followed the directions from iClarified it should now be unlocked .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-21)

Thanks

I Ok, did just as you told, and with the att card, I have the homescreen with all the icons plus cydia and installer, but of course says no service on the upper left corner, and with the t-mobile card,
    It says tmobile on the screen, ya know up on the left corner, but, it has the little itunes cd with the usb picture showing on the screen, and it says different sim detected, please connect to itunes(which by the way, i am connected at the moment) and it also says slide for emergency? if I slide it, the key pad is only for emergency call? no icons or anything on it anywhere, Hmmmm... what the heck am I missing? Oh! and yes, I checked all the options, the unlock, jailbreak, and the other one, about your own bootlogos?

Wait! what the heck, the phone rang, and I could answer it, and talk!! So what's the deal with the keypad, saying for emergency and the picture on the screen saying for me to connect to itunes, and no icons?? Wow, now I'm really confused! I just went through the whole process again, I mean the pwnge part to make sure I check everything, and this time i saw steve jobs, which I didn't see before, but, its all done, and again, I turn it off, and put in my tmobile card, then turn it back on, and again, connect to itunes, detected different sim, slide for emergency, and no icons and such, but, tmobile on upper left corner..what gives??

The one step I did skip, was at the very beginning of the iclarified, where it say, before we begin...

Before beginning make sure you have updated to iTunes 8.0.2. This is even before step 1. I didn't know how to do that, and not sure if that makes a different, could it be that what's wrong?? It doesn't give me that option when I go in itunes, what it says is "an update to your carrier settings for your iphone is available, would you like to download it now? BUt, why does it say t-mobile on upper left hand corner though, doesn't that mean it's unlocked?? Sorry so long of a message, it's just that I wanna tell you every little thing that I read and see, cuz im not sure what i'm missing, and I'm sure you guys will figure it out before I ever do!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-22 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

haha how annoying is that!
    okay, hmm. Im sure that if you followed those steps it should work fine thats what i dont get :S.

you should try update iTunes as it said, open iTunes> Help> Check for updates.

then just follow the prompts to follow and install the updates .

when you re-jailbroke your iPhone, did you use quickPwn?
    and before you re-jailbroke it did you restore it?
    Never rejail break an already jailbroken iPhone as it uses up heaps more memory, so in other words, each time you jailbreak, it has to be on a fresh firmware install .

okay, so the only option that i can think of is starting the process again, and making sure you follow each step perfectly. because there must be something you have missed, because it must be unlocked!

and the fact that it says T-Mobile and that you can answer calls means it is unlocked :S because otherwise you would not be able to even answer a call or anything. its really wierd :S, ill try have a look round for you to see if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem and see if there is a fix for it.

The phone is unlocked but not activated.
    The reason it is not activated is because the AT&T SIM was in the phone when it was jailbroken, it should have had the T-Mobile SIM in it then it would have activated it.

The carrier update is for AT&T and not a problem to install.

Update to the latest version of iTunes (8.1 I believe) restore your phone and set up as a new device. Put the T-Mobile SIM in then jailbrake. On step 8 I would uncheck the 'Add Installer' checkbox - you don't need it and it is likely to cause problems. Apart from that just do exactly as you did before and your phone will work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

You guys are soo awesome to keep helping me! How funny, out of so many people on this site, only 2 of you, started helping me, and have stuck it out with me this far! I appreciate you guys soo much!

Won't be home again till this evening, but, just to make sure I have this right....

I will stick my att card in, turn phone on, plug in to pc, and launch itunes right? Then I will update whatever updates are available, restore as a new phone. All this with my att card in, and not t-mobile right? Ok, then put in my t-mobile card, go back in iclarified, and start the process from the pwnge stage, or do I have to start all the way from the beginning, which is the whole restore part? Eeeee...that part scares me! Ok, I will check back after work before I start everything again, to make sure I have all the steps correct. Again, guys, thanks a billion!

Thanks

haha its alright , when i started i was in the same position, and found it hard enough trying to figure it all out, so now that i know a little bit im glad i can help others!

yeah do that, but keep your att sim card in your iPhone for the whole time, untill you have unlocked it etc, so;

-turn phone on (with att simcard inside)
    -complete all the updates in iTunes
    -restore your iPhone to 2.02
    -use quickPwn to jailbreak+unlock your iPhone, (as you did by using the iClarified guide)
    -make sure you still have your att sim inside,
    -then once it has finished jailbreaking your iPhone, turn it off, and put your T-Mobile sim card in (while its turned off)
    -then restart your iPhone

see how that goes. If you make sure you follow each step from that guide you should not have a problem . I think at first you need to have the original sim inside, and then once you have unlocked it you can put in another sim.
    -hope it works out
    -

Thanks

Hey Lach, but, Confucious is saying that I need to have my t-mobile card in it during the jailbreaking process??

Other than the updating on the itunes, I did all you just explained, twice, and it still didn't give me the homescreen when I turned it back on with the t-mobile card?

So should I try it the other way, like he said, by putting in the tmobile card during the jailbreaking process

So that means, updating itunes and restore as new phone with att card, then turn off, stick in tmoblie sims, turn on and do the pwnge process, which is jailbreaking it right?

ok, I restored it as new phone with my att card inside, finished that, put in tmobile card, and went to pwnge and did the whole unlock jailbreak thing, and it's still the same, it's unlocked and jailbroken, only it still wants me to connect to itunes, and is still saying that different sims card, slide for emergency?? Ugh!! I am soo frustrated, I don't know what I am doing wrong I am following it all exactly, you would think I'm an expert by now! hehehee
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-23 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try again but with your T-Mobile SIM in all the time. Apparently the problem you have occurs if the phone is activated with an AT&T SIM in.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Originally Posted by AnarchyCow
    I'm having the same problem right now, and I've read that you should take the simcard out, restart the phone, then restore with iTunes, and run QuickPWN without the simcard in the phone, I'm trying this method right now with QuickPWN 2.2.5-2
    I had the same problem, and it works! You just have to remove the sims card before you restore or jailbreak/unlock it!
    there was another thread on a very similar issue. Try the above method, if it doesnt work then goto this link and see if there solutions help

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...ct-itunes.html

Problem fixed
    Some people are having problems with unlocking their iPhones. The problem is that after QuickPwn finishes the iPhone says "Different SIM

detected. Connect to iTunes". Many forums are full of replys saying use QuickPwn and follow the insturctions properly "it will work". I had

this problem and it doesn't just work. I have however found a solution which worked for me.

1. Use the original sim to get iTunes to recognise the iPhone again.
    2. Take out the SIM.
    3. Put the iPhone into recovery mode.
    3.1 Hold the Home button ( on the front of the phone ) for 5 seconds
    3.2 keep holding the home button and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
    3.3 Release the power button but Keep holding the home button for 20 seconds.
    4. Connect the phone to iTunes and use restore to install the firmware. Hold shift and click restore to select a different firmware if you wish. Different firmwares can be found all over the net just google the version you desire.
    5. Close iTunes
    6. Run Quick pwn
    7. When QuickPwn is finished insert the SIM card.

My iPhone worked fine at this point so if this didn't fix the problem then something else must be going wrong.
    This post was also on this thread, hope you find this helpful!
    Last edited by lach; 2009-04-23 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Better More In-Depth Instructions!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-24)

Thanks

Hey it worked!!! Yes, i did the NO sims card in there and did the whole process, and then stuck my card in there after it was all done, and it worked!! Finally..wheew! Thank you guys sooooo freaking much, and I still mean it, if you all have a paypal account, I will gladly throw something in there as appreciation for putting up with me all week!! Now I just need to figure out how to get all my contacts and emails and that stuff...ugh!!

But, I just wanted to tell you all that it worked, and to thank you all again, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! heheheh Ok, so you know I'll be around still trying to figure other stuff out from time to time! Oh! I went and saw the Mac books today, and I soo want one??? I might get one, not sure, but, I messed around with them at Best Buy, and they are sweeeeet! I think it would make things alot easier on me, especially since I am not all that computer savy, as I'm sure you all figured out! hahaha

OK, well again, thank you sooooo much! I appreciate it big time! And I'll see ya around! Muuuuaaahh!

Oh! one more thing, ok two more things! hehehe do i connect back to itunes and restore from Prissie's phone? Will that put all my contacts and such on there? Like all my old stuff I mean? And the other thing is, it says I have no wifi connection, which I do, I just can't remember my password! What the heck do I do about that? Or changing it ugh!! It shows my wifi locked of course, now I can't get into my own wifi connection? Geeesh!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-24 at 04:51 AM.

yea resotre it to prissies phone if u want your contacts back..

and as for your wifi password i wish i could help but i dont know much about it sorry

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mobsta For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-24)

Thanks

thank you for that reply, I appreciate it! I think I might have found an answer for the wifi password on another posting, I've been poking around for answers everywhere. hehehe But, thanks for this answer though, I am soo not computer smart, and every bit of information and suggestions help me ALOT!

Ok, thanks again

no problem if u need help with anything just let me know ill help u the best i can... or tell u who can help you on this site..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mobsta For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-24)

Thanks

haha glad to see it all worked out for you
    lol at the time i had no idea what we were missing when it wasnt unlocking! but glad its worked out!

yeah as mobsta said, there's a lot of people willing to help!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2009-04-25)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12