Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General.strings help!!

Default General.strings help!!
    I want to edit my General.strings file in "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/English.lproj" so I can change my Answer, Decline text but when I open the file I get a bunch of scrambled writing like its coded??

I've tried using a xml converter and no luck, probably because I'm a noob at these things, heh.

Can someone post the strings file for me??

Thanks

Open the strings file in wordpad.

I think on some iphones files are crypted or whatever so im having trouble on viewing some plists
    Can you send me your file?
    This is what i get when i open:

bplist00

!"#$%&'()"*+,VIGNOREWENDHELDSTTYWRELEASE_RELEASE_+ _ANSWERUVOICE_HOLDCALL_+_ANSWER_ENDHELD_+_ANSWERWB LOCKEDVANSWERTCALLVCANCELTDONEWDECLINEXX_OR_Y_ZYCA LL_BACKVX_OR_YYVOICEMAIL[X_OR_OTHERS_AIRPLANE_CANCELWUNKNOWN_AIRPLANE_DISAB LE_AIRPLANE_PROMPTVIgnore_End Call on HoldXEnd Call_End Call + AnswerUVoice_Hold Call + Answer_End Call on Hold + AnswerWBlockedVAnswerTCallVCancelTDoneWDecline[%@ or %@
    [email protected] BackX%@
    or [email protected]_%@
    or %d othersWUnknownWDisable_/You must disable airplane mode to place a call.
    Last edited by ilkkan; 2009-04-17 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks

A string file is different from a plist. You can open a string file in wordpad. For a plist you need to use a plist editor. You can google for one or I can upload one when I get in to work.

Here's a link to a thread that has a plist editor download.

plist editor
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2009-04-17 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

ilkkan (2009-04-19)

I fixed it by installing erica's utilities in cydia then ran the plutil commands on WinsSCP to uncrypt it. Works like a charm
    thanks

Actually your method was much easier. Thanks for the link
    Last edited by ilkkan; 2009-04-19 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by freezeman226
    lets stop dicking around and hack this shyt

Quote Originally Posted by ilkkan View Post
    I fixed it by installing erica's utilities in cydia then ran the plutil commands on WinsSCP to uncrypt it. Works like a charm
    thanks

Actually your method was much easier. Thanks for the link
    Can someone walk me through this so i can change the text on my accept/decline buttons