Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service...WHY?

Default No service...WHY?
    Ok so i upgraded to 3.0 from 2.2 and decided i was just going to wait for the official release.

I successfully downgraded to 2.2.1 and i am jailbroken. Restored from last backup to get all my numbers back etc.

I have no signal bars at all. It doesn't say no service. Just has 0 bars of service. I cant make any calls or anything.

How do i get my service back? I tryed restoring again and jailbreaking. No luck. Im on ATT.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Did you by any chance check "activate" if so thats why you have no signal, it happend to me ages a go. Make sure activation on your jailbreak program is not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderLee View Post
    Did you by any chance check "activate" if so thats why you have no signal, it happend to me ages a go. Make sure activation on your jailbreak program is not checked.
    On the quickpwn version i have, it has no activate option.

only: cydia, installer, replace boot logo.

Hmm? Have you got the latest version? I know I had a activation option and I clicked it.. then I had no signal, I then rejailbroke and didn't check activation.. Since its not there it might apply activation automaticly maybe? Try to find the latest version.

Hmm? Have you got the latest version? I know I had a activation option and I clicked it.. then I had no signal, I then rejailbroke and didn't check activation.. Since its not there it might apply activation automaticly maybe? Try to find the latest version.
    Im pretty sure i have the latest version. It says its for 2.2.1, and it worked, so it must be newer.

I also have the quickpwn 3.0 version and it had the activate as one of the options. Is this the version your talking about?

I had activation as a option for my 2.2.1, I also have it as a option for 3.0 and both don't work when I enable them..

Its strange why you don't have that option.

I'm sorry I can't seem to find a solution ..

I had activation as a option for my 2.2.1, I also have it as a option for 3.0 and both don't work when I enable them..

Its strange why you don't have that option.

I'm sorry I can't seem to find a solution ..
    Know where i can find that exact quickpwn version you are running? for 2.2.1

Downloads

I got mine from here.

Cool thanks ThunderLee.

But i figured it out! I had to restore to 2.2.1, then get an error, start up quickpwn then before running quickpwn i opened itunes and phone was activated instantly! It was tricky but it worked.

If anyone has problems going back to 2.2.1 from 3.0. Let me know, this trick i found may work for you.

Great .. Glad to see your problem was fixed.

same problem here. I put my phone into dfu mode and downgraded to 2.2.1 but its in a recovery loop and is in recovery mode over and over. I tried other firmwares but its the same problem. I'm currently on 2.2.1 but it does me no good deactivated and in recovery mode

Have you tried powering off the phone and putting into recovery mode manually?

OR

Reboot and put in DFU mode then retry restore..

PS, how did you get into this recovery loop and how does it loop.. any errors in iTunes? what stage did this loop begin at?

Ive tried restoring in DFU mode but I will again. This loop occurred after I put the phone in DFU and restored to 2.2.1 after that it runs until i get a 1013 error and goes into recovery mode and asks to recover again and then loops that process. When I jailbroke the phone in the state its in now it worked and I could use the phone like normal but the phone was no longer activated and wouldn't give me the option to activate on iTunes.If I can reactivate it in the process I can jailbreak it again and make it work. I just want to know how he did it and I think I can get it working on 2.2.1.

Hey ryan, i replied to your PM. Let me know how it goes..

Looks like same thing i went through, it should be cake to fix..

Im trying it right now. It doesnt have to be in the process of downgrading does it or can it just be after I restore again and get the 1013 error? Well it doesnt matter thats what Im trying. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Just do it exactly as i told you. Its pretty quick. I've read its worked for a few people, not just me. Let me know if you got any Q's...

No service... It said it was waiting to activate and it could take a few minutes but it still hasnt connected to the network. How long did it take you??

Right after i re-opened itunes it activated instantly. You didnt jail break it did you?

nope just went to the first step and when it was done it said it was activating but now it keeps searching and searching for service.. I have an appointment to bring it in tomorrow morning so I am hoping to figure it out tonight. I think I might redo it.

Yea give it one more try. If not take it in tomorrow. Just dont tell them you were tweaking with it. I had to fix mine because i took my phone apart to put the red case on...

Good luck man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast