Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service on 2G iPhone

Thanks
    Default No Service on 2G iPhone
    While in a weak signal area recently my 2G iPhone began to give me intermittent "No Signal" warnings. After two days it was permanent. I connected to iTunes and decided to try and restore the phone using the Restore feature (iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw). Ever since then I have a permanent "connect to iTunes" screen and a 'No Signal" message in the top left corner. When the phone is connected to iTunes it says the SIM card is invalid and I cannot continue with the restore process. BTW the SIM card works in any other phone, so it is OK.

Am I now the proud owner of a very fancy looking BRICK? Or does someone in this forum have a solution for me? I have tried the Pwnage Tool but ALWAYS fail to enter DFU mode & during every attempt, iTunes thinks an iPod has been connected??? Weird!

Anyone out there that can help?

Try quickpwn, also. how do you fail to enter dfu mode if pwnagetool has them right on the screen.

Turn off the phone.
    Hold home button for 5 seconds.
    Hold power button for 10 seconds (still holding home).
    Release power button and continue holding home button for 15 more seconds.

Oh wait, you must be running 10.5.6, thats why you can't enter DFU mode. try entering DFU mode on a Windows PC, it should work. then you can restore and use quickpwn (do all of this in Windows box)

Also, reflash your baseband with bootneuter
    Last edited by Jarcon49; 2009-04-11 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarcon49 For This Useful Post:

nickjaza (2009-04-12)

Thanks
    Default No Service
    Thanks for that. I'll have my work cut out for me as I need to download quickpwn onto a PC still, etc. I only hope it's not a hardware issue on the phone! Does flashing the baseband unlock the phone again? (Sorry, a bit of a rookie at this stuff.) My current restore file is: iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw - according to the dev team, this does not flash the baseband, or am I wrong? I s'pose I should just create a custom restore file & then proceed with quickpwn...