Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WINMO in iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default WINMO in iPhone
    found this article while surfing and thought every one here would be interested

The company who makes iEmulator, the PC emulator for Mac OS X, announced that they have begun using the SDK to create iEmulator Touch, a ported version for the iPhone and iPod touch. Their is to let customers use Windows Mobile software "... 'right out of the box'. We want to ensure that using iEmulator Touch is as easy as possible."

"The complete internal redevelopment of iEmulator is wrapping up very soon," said John Czlonka, General Manager of iEmulator.com. "We felt it was a perfect opportunity to also provide PC emulation functionality to the leading mobile computing and connectivity platform: the iPhone and iPod Touch."

For instance, the iPhone has no real CD or DVD access aside from that of the computer it's synced to. Still, they think the SDK will be a big help.

"Apple's new iPhone and iPod Touch software development kit is allowing us to quickly port iEmulator to these innovative devices," he went on to say. "It's an amazing development and operating environment."

iEmulator Touch will be available in the second quarter of 2008, shortly after iEmulator 1.8.0 for Mac OS X is released.

Believe me, what you saw in the presentation is just a scratch on the surface, and a very small one, of what the iPhone will be capable of come June.

This really is no surprise to me, and nothing from this point on will be.

Gasp- Blasphemy!!!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

That article is incorrect, I have been informed by someone at iEmulator that it will allow running a PC version of Windows on the iPhone, NOT Windows Mobile.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt this would make it to the app store because you would need an img of windows to use with it. It promotes software piracy and I don't think Apple wants you running windows on your iPhone.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

i wouldn't want it.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro