Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which is better 2.2.1 Jailbroken or 3.0 beta 2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Which is better 2.2.1 Jailbroken or 3.0 beta 2?
    Which?

its a preference thing... if u like the jailbroken apps and such stick with 2.2.1 even though 3.0 beta 2 is jailbroken it doesnt have a lot of stuff of it like 2.2.1 and 3.0 is still beta so their are a few little things wrong but i really like 3.0 its sweet but thats just me
    ventis secundis, tene cursum
    Chocolate is the cure to life

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i love having my 2.2.1 jailbroken and don't plan on changing to 3.0 until it is OFFICIALLY relased AND is completely jailbreakable. Don't feel like dealing with the headache of having beta and not having the proper support for it.

2.20 - it's stable and works with Yellowsn0w

Beta software is fine if you don't rely on your iPhone and don't mind if it screws up.

I do so wouldn't let iot near my phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The beta really isn't that bad like yea there are a few things that need to be worked on but its not like the iPhone is usless all the time... Like really the most trouble that I have is with the iPod and it really has a lot of great new features that are def worth having... Trust me I always have my iPhone on me its pretty much my life... I suggest trying it and if u don't like it then downgrade to 2.2.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

if you absolutely need jailbreak apps then its obviously 2.2.1. personally i prefer 3.0. i have to disagree with confucious about the beta, at least when talking about the 2nd release. the first was buggy and i was just about to downgrade when they released beta 2. its insanely stable and i'm the type that depends on my iphone for a handful of daily things. I've only found one app that needs some tweaking to work properly with 3.0 (bee jive is crash prone), but other than that i've seen no difference. I'm more of a standard app user, ie- mail, notes, sms, etc.....so being able to use all of those in landscape without depending on some less intuitive appstore app has been a big time saver.

yeah theming your phone is nice, and things like cycorder came in handy every once in a while, and tethering was great for when i was on the road, bite, mysms, and ireal are all nice apps, but nowhere near as smooth as the stock 3.0 sms app.

i honestly thought i'd hate having a non-jailbroken phone and downgrade within a few days, but i can honestly say that i haven't missed it one bit. it had been so long since my iphone had a stock look to it, that now its kind of refreshing.

Thanks

I actually downgraded back to 2.2.1. Went straight to jailbreak. Even though the battery life on the 3.0 software is great, my iPod app and some other apps just keep crashing too much for me to enjoy right now. I do love the new features of 3.0 though, the home page search is nice and cut, copy & paste is great!

It's a beta
    it might, or might not, crash.
    I prefer something I can rely on.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

All I know is that I love it and can't wait for the official release I just wish mms work

Thanks

Don't get me wrong 3.0 beta 2 is great, just crashes too much for me atm.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have not had the beta crash on me once. It works great. I would say it is just as reliable as 2.2.1. It works really well. Some apps that work on 2.2.1 will not work on 3.0. decide what your must have apps are and see if they work on 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

it all about preference... i'm really enjoy 3.0, but there's some things that when you get use to, is hard to let it go... that's why i'm back to 2.2.1 for now keeping my eyes on beta 3, and the final fusion of "IPHONE 3.0 jailbreak" just 3 months away!!!!

2.2.1 is much stable. I think it's better to stay at 2.2.1

stay on 2.2.1

i couldnt live with Beta 2. was resetting the phone 4 times a day.

3.0 beta 2 is super stable, but some apps do not work properly, like ComicZeal...so i went back to 2.2.1, for now

Thanks

I am back on 2.2.1. The most important app kept crashing and that was my iPod. All is well. I will definitely check out other beta's when they come out but beta 2 is too buggy for me still.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Depends what apps you use. I do miss my notifier and winterboard with the transparent dock and sbsettings but I can do without them. 3.0 is very function and provides more features so I can do without the apps from Cydia that do not work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

true dat