Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recording Interface, Digital Compass, Voice Control and Auto-Focus Camer

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Video Recording Interface, Digital Compass, Voice Control and Auto-Focus Camer
    hey guys, i couldnt post this in the iphone news. so if need be, mods can move it. apparently, im sure we all know that the new iphone will have video recording. check out the pic and the link from macrumors.com that further confirms this. im amped up for this.

from macrumors.com

Since the release of Apple's iPhone 3.0 beta firmware, users have been scouring the configuration files looking for evidence of future iPhone capabilities. The possibility of video recording has seemed increasingly certain with files for video uploading and editing having been discovered.

A new finding, however, should put to rest any doubts about whether or not Apple is planning to include video recording in future iPhones. This screenshot, which was discovered in the latest iPhone 3.0 beta, shows the interface Apple will provide for video recording:

The interface shows the normal iPhone camera interface but with a switch on the bottom right which toggles between still camera photography and video recording. The video recording is not presently functional in iPhone 3.0 beta, and the interface is not accessible by default. Only when configuration files were modified telling the firmware that a Video Camera was present will this interface appear.

Other interesting capabilities found in the configuration files include "auto-focus camera", "magnetometer" (digital compass), and "Voice Control".

Apple is expected to release the final version of iPhone 3.0 this summer, and many believe that Apple will also introduce an updated iPhone around that time as well.
    Last edited by nycdiplomat; 2009-04-08 at 03:35 PM.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Since I don't use video recording that much, even if I were to upgrade my iPhone this year I'd like it to have a better camera.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hmmmm, dont you think Apple might have actually announced this?

besides, I already have my cycorder

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    hmmmm, dont you think Apple might have actually announced this?

besides, I already have my cycorder
    true.....i use cycorder myself but it would nice to have one included in the software. Y not have the best of both worlds.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+