Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: connect SSH help

Default connect SSH help
    Hi all, my first post here and already im crying for help. Sorry! Im having trouble connecting to winSCP. Ifollowed a youtube video on how to download and wat to do, I downloaded winSCP and download from cydia to the iphone 3g Openssh and Automatic SSH.

I entered details, like Host: IP address (192.1**.*.**) Use : root Password: alpine and changed the file protocol to SCP, as well as clicking ENABLE on SSH Daemon.

Now when I click Login, I get a blank pop up (no text) and thats all after about 30 seconds I get a message saying Network error: connection timed out. Ok Reconnect help

Im using a livebox modem from orange! and I use a turbosim, would this cause trouble?

connect your iPhone and computer the same wifi hotspot and then you can SSH.

Thanks

I have noticed that sometimes when I have a fresh restore/jailbreak, I need to reset my wifi router for SSH to work. Its the oddest thing in that wifi on the phone will work but SSH wont. I believe it might have soemthing to do with the firewall settings and I needd to port forward port 22 to allow SSH. Because my router uses dunamic IP assignements, if it changes my IP I have to re do the port forward. One of these days I really need to go in and convert to MAC addresses or static IP's. As a work around- I gave my iphone connection a name other than "new-host" and tht seems to help as well.

Thanks

I know that whenever i freshly re-install openssh on my iphone i reboot it, sometimes it simply doesnt work otherwise.

SSH via usb is MUCH quicker iTunnel Suite

Why is this in the News section?

Are you sure you are entering the IP address of your phone?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.