Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Single-Tap Causes Wiggling - HELP

Angry Single-Tap Causes Wiggling - HELP
    I have spent the last 45 minutes on Google trying to find help, or even just someone else with this problem ... to no avail. Though, I can't think of very good specific terminology to use, so maybe I'm just not searching for the right thing.

When I tap once on an icon (doesn't seem to matter which icon) there will be a 1-2 second pause and then the springboard goes into "edit mode" (all the icons wiggle). I've tried super-quick taps, medium-length taps and even "slightly lingering" taps. All with the same result.

I'd say this happens 9 times out of ten and it is driving me mad. I love my jailbroken phone but it's getting annoying enough that I may have to restore to non-jailbroken status.

Can anyone help me out with this?!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have had mine do this before. Restoring and rejailbreaking seemed to be the only fix

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

miltos (2009-04-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my 2g does this also. The 2nd time around always works though. Hopefully the next time I restore it will fix the issue. Doesn't bother me too much since I will upgrade in June to the new iPhone, fingers crossed for a new kick *** version.

You probably have so much going on Winterboard that it's lagging down your RAM.

You could try installing a task manager and closing down some background programs, or just try and lessen the load of whatever it is you have running.

If that doesn't help, restore

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Piazza331 For This Useful Post:

miltos (2009-04-13)

Thanks, Piazza331 - I think you nailed it. I didn't think I had that much going on in Winterboard (bluebird theme, transparent dock, no dock labels, 5-icon dock, font swap, un-unlockable and rainbow signal bars). But, after disabling a few of them things seem to be MUCH better. It also inspired me to get rid of several apps I just wansn't using (12 of them, actually).

I'm glad the solution seems to be a simple one, but am prepared to do a restore if it comes back.