Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wife's iphone stolen... need some question answered asap!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default wife's iphone stolen... need some question answered asap!
    Hey guys,

My wife's iphone was stolen. Called it and the dude actually answered the phone! can you believe that?

She has the 4 pin lock on her iphone, if he tries to restore it will he be able to back up the info on that? He didn't even know what kind of phone it was and was asking for ransom money, lol. iPhone on ransom.

I need this aswered really quick guys, if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.
    i just want to make sure he doesn't get any info from the iphone. That [email protected] stole my wife's iphone and daughter's clothes since he stole our diaper bag.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Agree to the ransom and beat the **** out of him when he shows up (or call the cops once you set up a meeting place).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

already tried setting up meeting place but wants it to be in a secluded spot. so i said forget it and i already went to the cops askign what they can do and said nothing can be done. wow, nice cops right?

but to answer my question, since she has the 4 pin lock thing will he be able to backup the phone if he tries to restore it? doesnt itunes asks you to backup the phone when you hit restore?

Thanks

I can't remember. I would think that it wouldn't back it up since he didn't enter the pin (but I am guessing).

Call up some friends and have them go with you (hiding in secluded spot), or wait for him to show up and have friends call the cops (as you see him coming) and tell them you are being attacked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Man tell him youll give him some money and just call the cops OR beat the **** out of him once he shows up

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

easy to say on all your opinions about meeting up, lol... But I really can't take any chances out here in the Bay Area, people getting shot up every week for no reason, lol.

It's not that I am scared, it is that i have a wife and daughter that wwait for me every afternoon, and another one on the way, lol...

just do not want to take that risk...

Thanks

I hear you, that sucks. Smart move.

But if he doesn't know what you look like, you can arrange a meeting and be in the area so you can see what he looks like. Then once he gets tired of waiting for you and walks back to his car you and your friends can club the **** out of him before he can do anything.

Example:
    DT: Dumb Thief
    HD: Hero Dad

DT: Where is that guy with MY money for the phone I stole from him. I can't wait to shoot him when he shows up because I am scum.

HD: (Hiding in bushes with friends, snickering....while eating snickers) Ok lets wait for him to start walking to his car.

DT: F this man, I am going home to wack it to guns and ammo while sitting in my own feces (or that of his neighbors).
    (Starts to walk to car)

HD: (and friends start walking by like they are there on an afternoon constitutional). Two people stop in front while the other two come up from rear. People in rear immediately hit guy in back of head or side of neck to make him pass out or disorientate him enough for everyone to grab ahold of him so he cant grab a weapon he might be carrying.
    Everyone takes a few pot shots, then strips him down and calls the cops about a 'pervert' walking around asking for hand jobs from the kids.
    At this point you need to look at him and say that is from "the Mute" and walk off with your phone and his stuff (his stuff can be burned r thrown away or given to a hobo).

I say agree to the meeting but have friends that just got released from prison to hide there beforehand. Then jump him and have your prison friends make them his bi***.

But to answer your question, I'm 99% sure that backing up the iPhone will also backup the 4 pin lock. That way if he restores from backup, it'll still be locked.

If he restores it to stock, however, he will have a free phone.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Maybe this is your phone, I found it on craigslist a few hour ago before I saw your post? link
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

Thanks

I think meeting this guy at a "secluded spot" is a mistake. If he wont meet you at a populated area all phones have GPS I dont understand why the police cant just use it to track your phone.

When I was driving to the hospital with my daughter the cops said if I had to pull over and call an ambulance they could just track my location on highway from my phone (my iphone, but most phones have the locator)

But I would tell him to meet you at starbucks and just say you have important data on the phone youd be willing to pay like 400 for or some ********. This way he shows up and take it or not in public you can get his tag number when he leaves in his car.
    make it a great day!

Thanks

Always fun when some noobs encourage someone to meet up with a criminal / crack addict to beat the **** out of him.

Nice one, kids, keep playing that GTA, don't get involved in real world stuff
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Always fun when some noobs encourage someone to meet up with a criminal / crack addict to beat the **** out of him.

Nice one, kids, keep playing that GTA, don't get involved in real world stuff
    they arent on their last life yet. Id do it if I had 3 more left. haha
    make it a great day!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just an update, called ATT last night and suspended the phone using their automated service. Called again this morning to make sure that sim card is locked and it was. But also, the att rep said that phone's IMEI number will be blocked also so if that person tries to use a new sim card or sells it to someone else, the iphone would be marked as suspend/stolen and will not be able to use it since it is registered under my name.

Is this right?

I might call back just to make sure. Cuz if that is right, that kind of puts it better for me that I know noone will be able to use the phone itself. He/She will just have an expensive ipod i guess, lol.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wow, that is interesting since as far as I know service providers in the US does not offer to block the IMEI, or put it on a blacklist, so please let us know if that information is correct

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    Just an update, called ATT last night and suspended the phone using their automated service. Called again this morning to make sure that sim card is locked and it was. But also, the att rep said that phone's IMEI number will be blocked also so if that person tries to use a new sim card or sells it to someone else, the iphone would be marked as suspend/stolen and will not be able to use it since it is registered under my name.

Is this right?

I might call back just to make sure. Cuz if that is right, that kind of puts it better for me that I know noone will be able to use the phone itself. He/She will just have an expensive ipod i guess, lol.
    If I remember correctly, this won't prevent them from using it on Tmobile.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

For people suggesting to club the guy... don't be stupid, you'd get your *** thrown in jail.

For people complaining about the cops... its a $500 phone... in other words they could give less of a s*** unless someone broke in to your house and stole it. It is just not worth their time to go searching for an iPhone, unless you can tell them axactly who took it... get real.

As for his original question, no, backing up shouldn;t be available, only a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post

Is this right?

This is correct... for the ATT network. It is fair game for TMO here in the states or an any GSM 3G provider around the world. You did say the guy didn't know what he had. Here's to hoping he doesn't know how to sell it! At the end of the day though, so long as your data on the phone is safe, I really don;t see a difference. You lost the phone, who cares what happens to it now, unless of course it happens to make it back to you.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2009-04-06 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Arranging a meeting place is an invitation for you to go crewed up and get your phone back.

Whats he gonna tell the cops when he black n blue?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Arranging a meeting place is an invitation for you to go crewed up and get your phone back.

Whats he gonna tell the cops when he black n blue?
    or for you and your "crew" to get shot.

.....idiot.
    make it a great day!

Thanks

Lol no no no, dont get me wrong, i see where your coming from. I just have principles and live by them.

You may see it as idiotic and make excuses for not meeting up, but if we compared the 2 of us - i would be a few hundred quid richer and still have my iPhone and you would be the complete opposite - always looking back on the whole situation thinking 'what if?'

Condolences to the OP aswell. Hope it gets sorted - these are only my views. im sure whatever you did was the right thing for you.
    Last edited by reeko; 2009-04-06 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Lol no no no, dont get me wrong, i see where your coming from. I just have principles and live by them.

You may see it as idiotic and make excuses for not meeting up, but if we compared the 2 of us - i would be a few hundred quid richer and still have my iPhone and you would be the complete opposite - always looking back on the whole situation thinking 'what if?'

Condolences to the OP aswell. Hope it gets sorted - these are only my views. im sure whatever you did was the right thing for you.
    I dont care how "big" or "hardcore" you are when both of us are compared. Heres how the comparison would really go. Youd be shot dead and bloodied in a gutter somewhere with no few hundred dollars or iphone.(or at least be beatin with a large heavy object and robbed again)

Id rather just be out a couple hundred which in the grand scheme of things is nothing at all.

The logic you used is probably why you are and will continue to be a peasant.
    make it a great day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast