Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Help!!!!
    Yesterday I had to restore my Iphone. Long story short, I was able to connect to my iTunes, back up all of my data.
    When I started the restore everything went fine. Then it said the old "Error 1601".

When I try to connect to iTunes it will not recognize my phone. And the screen is stuck with the iTunes and usb logo. I have tried to DFU, screen goes white, starts to restore and then get the same error, 3 times now.

Yes, I have already followed the Apple instructions on un-installing iTunes and done that twice. <y question is, does anyone know an easy way to get the phone recognized by the computer and any way to restore without using iTunes...ie aftermarket flashing or anything else.

Thank you wonderful people!!

Mahgninnuc

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

dont know bout aftermarket flashing.... have you tried qwkpwn? check out the guide/tutorial section on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

Thanks

Default More help
    OK, so I got the phone in DFU mode once again. In fact the screen is stuck at a white screen

Tried Winpwn and it is ont recognizing that an iphone is connected. Also tried good old ZiPhone. Any suggestions at this point. The knuckleheads at Apple just tell me to un install Itunes and re-install. Have done that 5 times now and the same error message when it goes to restore 1601...

Sounds like a brick

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

try holding home and power until you get teh apple screen [anywere ffrom 15-60 seconds?]- and if it comes out of dfu, just do a regular restore to standard stock firmware, qwkpwn, then do the custom restore-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to punklove For This Useful Post:

mahgninnuc93 (2009-04-06)

Thanks

OK, got it to restore on another PC with Itunes. Then able to jailbreak with QPwn........thanks for the input all. Have a great day!