Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Stolen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Stolen
    Ok so recently I was just riding my bike to my friends house when some weird guy in a hood comes up to me and asks me for the time as I am waiting for the street light to change. I don't really think anything of it so I pull my phone out to check the time for this guy but as soon as the phone is out I get cracked in the back of the head pretty hard. Idk what I got hit with but the blow was hard enough for me to stumble off the bike and drop my phone. So the guy takes it and starts running and his buddy who hit me runs in a different direction. I end up chasing down the wrong guy and not finding my phone but this was just the story of how I got robbed what I really wanted to ask was can the phone be blacklisted with the imem number. I already disconnected the service but it would be good to know that the phone is unusable, so can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericDawn View Post
    Ok so recently I was just riding my bike to my friends house when some weird guy in a hood comes up to me and asks me for the time as I am waiting for the street light to change. I don't really think anything of it so I pull my phone out to check the time for this guy but as soon as the phone is out I get cracked in the back of the head pretty hard. Idk what I got hit with but the blow was hard enough for me to stumble off the bike and drop my phone. So the guy takes it and starts running and his buddy who hit me runs in a different direction. I end up chasing down the wrong guy and not finding my phone but this was just the story of how I got robbed what I really wanted to ask was can the phone be blacklisted with the imem number. I already disconnected the service but it would be good to know that the phone is unusable, so can it be done?
    Can you wait a few days? I want to sell it first

Seriously...

I'm really sorry. I'm not sure but hopefully you can get the IMEI blacklisted or something so the phone is unusable (it'll just be a really expensive and bulkier iPod Touch with a camera)

Good Luck

Thanks

Sorry to hear you got mugged and lost your iPhone. You already did the right thing by reporting ot stolen and having the service shut off. As far as blacklisting the IMEI, US carriers do not have an IMEI blacklist as the European carriers do. All the carrier will do is deactivate your SIM so you dont get charges. I did a quick Google search and faound a few references to a person physically going into an ATT store and asking about having the IMEI blacklisted, but most info confirms the lack of cooperation at ATT regarding blacklisting.

Wow...some people in this world are just desperate animals. Sorry to hear about it getting stolen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

i had my ipod touch stolen from me on a crowded city bus- while watching a movie, the bus stopped at a stop, the doors opened, and some buttwad just grabbed it out of my hand and ran... that a**hole was with a friend and they ran in different directions- and i had a Macbookpro in my backpack-
    changed all my passwords on my emails, etc. . . and then bought a iphone and unlocked it to cheer myself up... and am alot more careful on the bus with my iphone-
    but really, there isnt much you can do- just be happy your not dead cause they wanted an iphone- count your blessings- and just save some money and buy a new one...
    you can file a police report as well- and ask the police to contact ATT or Apple to try to get it blacklisted- that is the only way i know to get the phone blacklisted, but good luck finding all the phone numbers and convincing the police to make the calls for you... it'd be an easy way to find the theif but requires lots of legwork and red tape cutting- so depending on what your time is worth, just buy a new one-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sorry to hear man... my wife's iphoen got stolen today as well... i called the phone and the guy actually answered the phone...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah punks love iphones, i don't take mine out in public much, they also love breaking into my 12 year old P.O.S. honda for some reason even though i have a club and detached faceplate, bastards!

Thanks

thats brutal. what is this world coming to?
    make it a great day!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Too much gta iv......lol
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how nobody answers your question....
    If the phone contract was on ATT, just call them up and let them know. Only you will be able to use that IMEI under your own contract. This will BAN the IMEI from ATTs service, but it will still be usable with any other GSM network. Nothing can be done about that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings