Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh damn it.. moved Applications to other partition,rebooted and now iphone won't work

Default Oh damn it.. moved Applications to other partition,rebooted and now iphone won't work
    Please help!!

As my topic says, I was moving Applications to the /var/private partition as I usually do and now it won't turn on is it a brick?

nothing can communicate with it, not iphuc, not ziphone not ibrickr..

any chance of saving my precious Iphone ?

when you say it wont turn on? is that literally the case?

no power?
    IF it does boot up but freezes have you tried winscp - i had this issue the other week with some custom file. it stopped my unit from booting all the way in, and just stuck midway, i felt sick and thought that was an instant restore right there

but luckily i thought to try WINSCP and i connected in ok, as luckily ssh was on on the iphone, and it has gotten in far enough to communicate via that technology, and enabled me to put back what i had done and move some stuff around

then i rebooted and bobs your mothers brother!

worked perfectly again

just a long shot i know...just trying to help man!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

thank you very much man.. i tried using the ssh and it didn't work, but anyway, I solved it by going in to DFU mode manually (10 sec button method), lol stupid me forgot about the button method.. mod you can close this thread, and thank you dude