Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help save my NEW** 2g

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

Default help save my NEW** 2g
    so i got my 2g replaced under warranty but now i cant get it to activate- for tmobile

the only thing i can get itunes to do is restore the phone to factory- qwkpwn and pwnage both fail to get me into DFU- i have 10.5.6- but i have the patch fix- so i know i can get into DFU on this machine [as i did this morning when i restored my phone before genuis bar- i dfu restored 3 times to be safe]

so when i got the phone home, i updated it in itunes, but did not activate [i dont have att]- then i tried to install the same 2.2.1 custom firmware i had on my old iphone- but got a 1600 error- so i built a new custom firmware using the fresh download of 2.2.1 itunes downloaded- but that didnt work either-

then i tried qwkpwn- and it would not let me go into dfu-

any ideas? i just put a fresh restore of factory on there, and its asking me to activate- im gonna try qwkpwn again.....

HELP!

Update 1! now it wont even power on! qwkpwn failed- and then itunes popped up- and i tried restoring to factory again- and half way through, itunes quit... itunes 8.0.2- btw.... and it was really in the middle- the apple logo with the bar below it, and the bar was empty- itunes just stopped in the middle of a restore- i held the power and home button till it powered off, and now it wont even power on.... HELP please!

update 2... its on and restoring as i type [like magic it popped back on after i left it unplugged for 5 minutes, then plugged it back in- i tried that several times before hand, and it didnt work. the only thing that changed was that i opened a beer.] --i did delete my old official iphone firmware, and reldownloaded it in itunes-

update 3... qwkpwn entered dfu and its doing its thing!!!

update 4... qwkpwn worked! now restoring to custom firmware!
    Last edited by punklove; 2009-04-05 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

good job working through the problem...cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

HOOORAY! Success!
    back on tmobile with a brand new iphone... now i gotta test the wifi!

And the wifi is working so far so good! and i'm putting everything back on...
    the waiting is the hardest part...
    Last edited by punklove; 2009-04-05 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~