Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia---Can't find new themes from MMi Contest...??

Default Cydia---Can't find new themes from MMi Contest...??
    So I know the themes from the contest were posted to cydia..however, when I search for them, they don't come up! I can search on here, and of course they show, but in Cydia on my phone, I can't find a single one of them--whether it's through the search function, through the themes sections, or through MMi's repository list. Can anyone help? I guess I could upload them, but that's way more hassle than it needs to be if they are already on Cydia.

Russ

I just tried and the search worked for me.

That's strange...I was thinking maybe uninstall/reinstall cydia, but I'm not sure if I should go through all that. I can't seem to delete MMi's repo either--i was going to do that then just add it again.

Thanks

i'm having the same problem. it's driving me nuts!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iquanyin View Post
    i'm having the same problem. it's driving me nuts!
    What theme are you looking for? Maybe we can help.

Thanks

looking for alit theme. after posting i reinstalled cydia. nope. i then tried to reinstall mmi (Index of /). it woudn't reinstall. that "maybe you're trying to install a legacy repo" msg. i checked for typos, but no go. so now i don't have mmi at all. i'm on a first gen, 3.0 fw.

Thanks

Huh, just noticed my MMi source/themes are all intact as well, Broom.

Strange...
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

I have never heard of the "Alit". I did a simple search and couldn't come up with anything either. Are you certain of the name?

Quote Originally Posted by iquanyin View Post
    looking for alit theme. after posting i reinstalled cydia. nope. i then tried to reinstall mmi (Index of /). it woudn't reinstall. that "maybe you're trying to install a legacy repo" msg. i checked for typos, but no go. so now i don't have mmi at all. i'm on a first gen, 3.0 fw.
    If I could fined it I would give you the link, sorry.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-12 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yes. that's its name. appleiphoneschool posted about this theme a few days ago. and ppl there love it. it themes stuff as you add apps and webclips. i asked my question there but no one replied. the theme is here--its on this site. i looked at it uesterday but i dont know the method to install it w/cydia. i def appreciate that ppl here reply. thx! i do know ssh exists, but i've not used it and i've had to restore my phone a lot due to using stuff i didnt know enuff about. i'd like to go a cpl months (at least ) with my nice new 3.0 before messing with it. hell, im not even gonna get 3.1. anyway, it's a real theme and ppl have it.

Thanks

Link to a page then. I have searched and this is the closest I can come. This thread also is about the MMi Theme Contest. If it was one that was in that contest believe me I would know about it. With that said, you find it, you link it and I'll help you get it on your phone, pinky swear.

Thanks

i googled it just because. first result: "alit --winterboard theme -- appleiphoneschool" maybe you used a less informed search engine? ( we all know "google" pretty much means "search" and ppl don't always google with google:)

ah! sorry, just saw ur post. i was a out to add i have no idea if it was in the contest. the "me too" was for the "wheres this theme?" part. i tried again today to put mmi back into cydia but still claims its not a valid repo. obviously wrong, as i had it installed rivht up till yesterday. cydia's been a bit iffy since 3.0 so i assume it will let me add back in. soon , im hoping. hey, are you a mod? and/or u be here tomrrw? i'm exhausted but will link to the theme on mmi tmrrw. (it's been 2 days ago.) again: big HUG for helpfulness. it's forum help or no help for me with everything, so forum folks r my gurus.
    Last edited by iquanyin; 2009-07-13 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost