Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: why wont apple listen

Default why wont apple listen
    So, now that palm pre and webOS is coming about with its background processes, showing up the iPhone. Why wont Apple just do something about it in 3.0 Beta... were only in beta 2....
    ah this pisses me off... i know its not really that plausible becuase of battery, etc, etc... but still just wanted to kinda get that off my chest... what do you all think?

There must be a better reason then just "using up too much battery juice".
    Probably because they dont want to re-architect their who iPhone OS from scratch. Just a thought.

it is because apple see's things with whats called tunnel vision... they come up with their marketing strategy and they dont give a **** what everyone does and says,

to put thing in perspective let me ask you this. because the palm pre has background processes does that mean that you are going to go out and buy that instead of the iphone? absolutely not... you are still going to buy the iphone no matter what people bring out because the only people who dont like apple are the ignorant, because most people see the attractive interface and slek design of the iphone and macs for that matter. and because they have such an attraction apple knows that you and i are not going to buy another phone most likely ever unless someone releases one that has all of the features of the iphone and more with an easy to use and attractive interface and a sleek design. honestly if apple put out an open source iphone i would not be interested because that isnt fun, i find more fun in working around their system and adding our own

Thanks

Lol, background processes have been investigated by Apple. On other handsets, they decrease battery life by around 80%. I would not be happy with my iPhone with an 80% battery life of what it is right now.

The way they are pushing is the future for now, and it is up to developers to update their apps for the 3.0 firmware rather than Apple themselves.

3.0 beta 2 is not the official release of 3.0. It is far from it.

Wait until a month after 3.0's release then post this thread.

It's a BETA
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

iPhone 2.0 had NINE beta versions so be patient. Why would you even want a feature that drains your battery to nothing in just a few hours? That's just insane. Apple is giving you a viable alternative to accomplish the same thing and conserve your battery... seems like it's a sound business decision to me

People complain abut battery life and then ask for something that would REALLY drain the battery.
    Most people don't care about backgrounding. Push will satisfy 90% of those that do and the other 10% will never be satisfied.
    JMHO.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i use backgrounder all the time to run stuff in the background, its awesome. it would be nice if apple had the function. it won't necessarily drain your battery to have the feature, sure depends on what u are doing it might increase it, defiantly but yea. jailbreak FTW

Thanks

No, Apple have run the tests. Background processes decrease the battery by around 80%.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker