Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync as new phone

Default Sync as new phone
    Question..
    I want to sync my iPhone as a new phone (firmware 3.0 reasons)..
    Is there some way I can sync my text messages over to it, like I would with my contacts?
    wwjd

Pretty important question, so it gets a bumppppp
    wwjd

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't take my word for it (never tried) -- But if I were trying it, the first thing I would do is copy the current SMS database (/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db) to my computer using the handy dandy SSH/WinSCP combo. Then set-up as new, and replace the new empty database file with this one and see what happens.

Actually, I would also copy the complete contents of /Applications/MobileSMS.app as well, just in case a plist was also necessary.

Don't forget to reboot after replacing the database.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

skb875 (2009-04-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Don't take my word for it (never tried) -- But if I were trying it, the first thing I would do is copy the current SMS database (/private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db) to my computer using the handy dandy SSH/WinSCP combo. Then set-up as new, and replace the new empty database file with this one and see what happens.

Actually, I would also copy the complete contents of /Applications/MobileSMS.app as well, just in case a plist was also necessary.

Don't forget to reboot after replacing the database.
    Thank you. I will give this a try.
    Also trying out AppBackup and Chronus.

Will let ya know if it works.
    wwjd