Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3.0 to genius bar??

Default Iphone 3.0 to genius bar??
    So I upgraded to 3.0 under a developers account.... And of course now I have a problem with my phone (not related to 3.0) my phone randomly thinks headphones are plugged in. i've tried all the steps and idea to fix it, nothing has worked.

Question is, If I try to go to the genius bar with iphone 3.0 on my phone are they going to give me a hard time? or deny me a new phone? I just want a new phone!

Sometimes the iphone gets stuck in headphones mode but its a simple fix. Stick in your headphones and pull them back out over and over again until its not in headphones mode.

i dont think you should get any problems from them seeing how it is activated through a official account and not jailbroken or anything try it and see what happends then come and post it on here
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cjgonzales1900 For This Useful Post:

afr321 (2009-04-03)

Quote Originally Posted by cjgonzales1900 View Post
    i dont think you should get any problems from them seeing how it is activated through a official account and not jailbroken or anything try it and see what happends then come and post it on here
    ehhh. they might ask him for his developer's ID and account. in that case, he's screwed. if i were you (the original poster), I would restore to 2.2.1 and see if that fixed the problem. If so, then 3.0 is causing the problem. if not, then keep it restored and bring it to apple.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to csoccer1 For This Useful Post:

afr321 (2009-04-03)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They'll deny you. Won't even look at it. I just went back down to 2.2 and will try again.

^Good luck, most times if they deny you they also make a note in their system telling them what crap you've tried....if you come back in it will come up with your serial #.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

i wouldnt go in with 3.0, they will say it is a beta and expect problems.

Thanks

Meh, I guess I will wait till 3.0 comes out then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyman500 View Post
    Meh, I guess I will wait till 3.0 comes out then.

Why? Did u ever get ur phone swapped out?

Thanks

No, I had my vibrate switch even broke and they still bitched and didn't fix it because it had 3.0 beta on it.

Since they seem like ******s I was actually planning on saving and getting a new iPhone when they come out.
    Last edited by Ozzyman500; 2009-04-19 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't understand this. The whole point of the developer slots is so that developers can get people they know to test their apps.
    Therefore there is nothing technically wrong with anyone running 3.0 on their iphone who has been activated by a developer as it was all done within Apples framework.

I can understand them not supporting beta software, but fail to see how legally they can refuse to support hardware, when the user has done nothing wrong.

Thanks

They will use what ever excuse they can to deny warranty services

They wouldn't get away with it the UK (or the rest of Europe?)
    If they have any reason to suspect the problem is software then they have no reason to replace it - it is a problem with Beta software, but if it is a hardware fault and nothing to do with the software then they would have to honour the warranty - is it not the same Stateside?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Good luck, most times if they deny you they also make a note in their system telling them what crap you've tried....if you come back in it will come up with your serial #.
    Hehe, I took an old 3G I had in about 4 times before they finally got smart and blacklisted it. Almost had it swapped out a couple ties, too.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    They will use what ever excuse they can to deny warranty services
    No they won't...? Not sure if you've ever been in an Apple store before, but most of their employees are very lenient and are willing to help you out.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-04-19 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Well I will just rock out this 3G until the new comes out and then get that. I never want to deal with the Genius Bar again.

Thanks

^Unfortunate mate, but it seems like you got one of the few bad guys... Again, they're usually real good a majority of the time.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Well I will just rock out this 3G until the new comes out and then get that. I never want to deal with the Genius Bar again.
    I don't think the genius bar would want to deal with someone who wanted to get a new iphone because he had cosmetic scratches on it

Thanks

My vibrate switch broke off!!

My vibrate switch broke off!!
    That's some cosmetic scratch
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Listen, let's not turn this thread into that other thread. Just saying, I won't be going back there anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast