Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone not working help needed touch not working?

Default Iphone not working help needed touch not working?
    hi

when i switch my iphone on , after the apple logo shows , some grey and black lines come , then they flash and along comes the apple logo and does it again etc.

sometimes it keeps doing this and iphone does not start

when it starts, homescreen is fully touchable , but when i open something any application , even apples origional application , i can do nothing on them touc does not work on them ?? , can anyone help me , i only had this phone for 2 weeks and it is like this

thanks

also i cant even scroll down on music list or anything , but when i press home the home screen works , but no apps or ipod or phone interacting
    Last edited by Backslash786; 2008-03-08 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, I had the same, but turned it off for 5 minutes than on again, all fixed, also try to live iphone alone for 30-40 seconce once it started, seems like it needs to load some application, by because you starting to touch is straith away it can not.

today it started all over again, tried everything, no luck. Did anyone managed to fix it?
    Last edited by notovich; 2008-03-08 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

nope off all night , still not working , anyone know how to fix

I have experienced the same problem but ONLY when I had screen shot program activated.

Maybe something is in conflict when running screen shot...

After uninstalling it was gone.

Had the problem while on 1.1.3

Had nearly the same problem when Ive upgraded to 1.1.4 instead of restoring to 1.1.4.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

i think it is cydia , how do i uninstall? , i can open uninstall but cannot click uninstall on installer?

has not worked a whole day , cant be used . what else way to fix it?

Last edited by Backslash786; 2008-03-08 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try to SSH into your phone and remove the cydia packager manually.

Just check your phones IP and connect to it via WinSCP and remove the cydia package from the applications folder.

Reboot your phone.

Hope that helps.

is there a way to remove with ibrikr

also i cant get to my ip address from my iphone because it is not working , i cant click the blue arrow

people i really need help with this....!

it is unlocked , 1.1.3

if i restore it via itunes what will happen?

can i somehow update with itunes , leaving it unlocked?

can i ziphone it again?

what happens if i choose restore from itunes?
    Last edited by Backslash786; 2008-03-10 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Backslash786 View Post
    is there a way to remove with ibrikr

also i cant get to my ip address from my iphone because it is not working , i cant click the blue arrow

people i really need help with this....!

it is unlocked , 1.1.3

if i restore it via itunes what will happen?

can i somehow update with itunes , leaving it unlocked?

can i ziphone it again?

what happens if i choose restore from itunes?
    Best thing is, in case you dont have any important files on your phone, a restore in iTunes.

Restore to 1.1.4, then run Ziphone or iPlus 1.2 and everything will be fine.

After restoring sync your phone as NEW in iTunes to avoid problems.