Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will you buy the next generation 'iPhone 3G PRO'?

Default Will you buy the next generation 'iPhone 3G PRO'?
    Does anyone knows there will be a iphone3g Pro? Iíve heard about it from my friend and found this news from dealsniper.com

More advanced features for new version, e.g. 32GB memory, 0.1 inch slimmer, 3.2 megapixels camera, etc......

I need to buy the 3g for my wife and it stopped me immediately.

Sounds cool! But I donít know when it will be released, anyone can help?

Thanks

Yea.. I bought 2 already... sweet!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Thread moved... this is not "News". As for your question it is SPECULATED that the new version of the iPhone will be released in June just like the first generation iPhone... and the original iPhone 3G.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea they are taking preorders on apples website. only $199. ships in 3 weeks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I see no value for Apple for this. I have said it from day one and do not see any reason that they need to update the hardware other than a 32GB version. 4G data is not going to be out for a while, all features that are "missing" are just software updates, and the iPhone has control of the cell phone market.

But boxxa, thats how Apple role, and to be perfectly honest, as tight and stingy as they are, it's a very good market strategy. Just look at how many iPhones have sold, and I don't doubt for one minute that the new iPhone will as be popular.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I see no value for Apple for this. I have said it from day one and do not see any reason that they need to update the hardware other than a 32GB version. 4G data is not going to be out for a while, all features that are "missing" are just software updates, and the iPhone has control of the cell phone market.
    Not true. There are many hardware upgrades that I want. Actually, after 3.0 (and after I can jailbreak 3.0), the only things I'm going to want are hardware related. 3.2+ MP rear camera, 2.0 MP front facing camera, 2x RAM, and more hard drive memory. That's just the main things I want. As long as I had that, plus the current hardware, that would be great. And personally, I don't want a flash on the iPhone. :/

I'm not too sure if I'd want it any thinner because I already think the size of the iPhone 3G is perfect, but I might want it to be a little heavier. Would feel more expensive, IMO. That's just me, though.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Nope.

Assuming that the price of the iPhone is price/demand elastic in the long run (which it is), if Apple decide skimp on their hardware just because they have significant market share now with their current hardware, (but we already know they will update it), they will most surely fail later.

Remember that Apple aren't the only ones who have flash memory on their phones. Irrespective of Apple's current market share, other companies will just pump out more and more appealing phones, with better prices and better features and more memory, whereas Apple will just sit there pumping out memory upgrades and nothing else, for around the same price. In 1-2 years, no matter how cool Appstore is (at this point Appstore will be the only selling point of the phone, and by 2010 we will be seeing rival's iterations of the Appstore), Apple will eventually get forced out.

I doubt any company in the year 2010 would sit on the market with a 2008 phone with built-in 2005 technology (the camera) for very long without getting pushed off.
    They will have to update their phones as time and technology goes on if they want to attract sales.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Not true. There are many hardware upgrades that I want. Actually, after 3.0 (and after I can jailbreak 3.0), the only things I'm going to want are hardware related. 3.2+ MP rear camera, 2.0 MP front facing camera, 2x RAM, and more hard drive memory. That's just the main things I want. As long as I had that, plus the current hardware, that would be great. And personally, I don't want a flash on the iPhone. :/

I'm not too sure if I'd want it any thinner because I already think the size of the iPhone 3G is perfect, but I might want it to be a little heavier. Would feel more expensive, IMO. That's just me, though.
    the iPhone is a behemoth, I would want it thinner, with a metal back so that it doesn't feel like it came from China, lol. Every other Apple product is now made of aluminum, the next iPhone will be as well, I'm pretty certain.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-04-02 at 08:04 PM.

I wish they'd bring back the glass screen

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

i will buy it in a heartbeat

If a newer version comes out, I will definitely buy it!
    Just sell my current 3G before the launch of the new version, and should have enought money to buy the new one. Obviously i'll need to pay something on top, but that won't be a problem.

I hope the keep a similar design, but with better hardware.
    I think that the iPhone 3G is thin enough. If you guyz ever owned an LG Viewty, you will know that there is a huge difference between them.

But anyway, cant wait to see the official specs if one comes out this summer!

is it just me or do the new macbooks and such remind you alot of the first gen iphone which I had and now miss just from the build quality aspect, and the 3g looks like their last version of macbooks which I've had both the old macbook and 1st gen iphone and now the new macbook and 3g, wish my 3g felt and looked like my new macbook!

Quote Originally Posted by NiCkStOuCh View Post
    is it just me or do the new macbooks and such remind you alot of the first gen iphone which I had and now miss just from the build quality aspect, and the 3g looks like their last version of macbooks which I've had both the old macbook and 1st gen iphone and now the new macbook and 3g, wish my 3g felt and looked like my new macbook!
    Why not mail this suggestion to Apple? ^^
    Maybe they listen if many people do it.

iPhone 3G Pro? I would definitely go for it!

I like downloading applications, games, and songs, I like watching movies too!!

This 32GB is coming up! I will buy it for no doubt!