Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! 1.1.4 and now no WIFI!!!

Default HELP! 1.1.4 and now no WIFI!!!
    Help, i just upgraded from 1.1.1 unlocked with anySim and used the ziphone method, seemed really easy. Edge works, so does calls and sms, but I have no WIFI ! It will recognize my router, and shows the symbol but I cannot get anything from installer, safari, mail, etc while on wifi! Does anyone have a fix?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

if you restore from backup after running ziphone that might caused it. try restore in itunes again run ziphone and then dont restore from your backup but set as a new iphone. then sync all your data back from your pc

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    if you restore from backup after running ziphone that might caused it. try restore in itunes again run ziphone and then dont restore from your backup but set as a new iphone. then sync all your data back from your pc
    The first time around I did restore from an old backup. Then I re-did it as you said and still no wifi....would a third time work if the other didn't?

Thanks

when you go to wifi settings and look up your router do you see the ip address there? try to refresh the connection with button whats there.

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    when you go to wifi settings and look up your router do you see the ip address there? try to refresh the connection with button whats there.
    Yeah, I get an IP address...I tried renewing the dhcp lease if that's the button you were talking about. Still nothing... yikes!

Thanks

i found on emore thing in here.someone's else suggestion but worth to try....
    What kind of security is on your router? Try wpa2-psk

Well, I tried a third time, and set it up as a new iphone (not restore from a backup) and still nothing! I think my router is WPA password. It always worked before! This sucks! Can anyone help me out?

I just realized that I accidentally had wifi turned ON when I first ran ziphone.....would this have done it? Is there anyway to downgrade to 1.1.1? and then restore again?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HELP ME GET WIFI BACK! I WISH I WOULD HAVE STAYED ON 1.1.1 IT WAS PERFECT, MY IPHONE NOW SUCKS!

help! anyone????????
    Last edited by tarponfly49; 2008-03-09 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, did you by any chance find a solution? I have the same issue. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to go to mcdonalds or somewhere with free public wifi to test it so you know it's not your router settings. If you STILL can't get it to work on public wi-fi I suggest restore and use the iLiberty wifi/edge flash payload when you re-jailbreak.