Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nike on iPhone (Screenshots)

Please is there anyone with a jailbroken iTouch (Gen2) that can dump the required files for me to use it with the iPhone or iTouch (Gen1)?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgiBob View Post
    Success! I can't get it to detect the internal receiver. This may be purely hardware and not possible but I'll keep looking. An external receiver works though. When you first plug it in, it says it's not compatible. The Nike App however seems to accept it. I'll post a step by step later.

Could you post a step by step tutorial for the sensor+reciever? I tryiong to make it work on my iPod touch gen 1 the only thing that doesn't work is the sensor and the reciever...
    Thank you in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry for the really late reply. I've had some personal things going on. Macer, your suggestion worked, the text now shows up in the settings menu. The icon also shows up on SB when it's enabled!

I did some binary comparisons, and the only differences found other than some obvious framework differences not relating to Nike were some differences in kernel caches. My guess is that it's not as easy as copying over some files in order to get Nike to detect the internal receiver chip.
    Last edited by JorgiBob; 2009-06-15 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I installed the Nike.app on a 3g iPhone running 3.0, but it doesn't quite work. I think there's something on the bluetooth stack that needs to be enabled. It does detect that there's a sensor on the phone, and asks me to "Walk around to activate your sensor". It never sees it and it doesn't see the remote watch either.

Default Can Anyone send me the Nike + app Files
    Can Anyone send me the Nike + app File?

Regards

I have Nike on my Iphone 3gs allready installed... it actually came with it

I'm in the same situation as DanielNTX. So close yet so far.

My hunch is that it will be easier to modify the SportsTrainer to return use the External receiver than it is to figure out how to get the sensor to work over bluetooth (bt chipsets are different between the ipod touch and the iphone). Poking around with IDA,

__STWorkoutController_isExternalReceiverRequired_

var_A= -0xA
    var_8= -8

STMFD SP!, {R7,LR}
    ADD R7, SP, #8+var_8
    SUB SP, SP, #4
    ADD R0, SP, #0xC+var_8
    MOV R3, #1
    STRB R3, [R0,#-1]!
    BL _IAPSportsIsExternalReceiverRequired
    LDRB R0, [SP,#3]
    SUBS R0, R0, #0
    MOVNE R0, #1
    SUB SP, R7, #0
    LDMFD SP!, {R7,PC}
    ; End of function __STWorkoutController_isExternalReceiverRequired

Unfortunanetly, not familiar with assembly to know enough on what to change here.

Still doesn't recognize the external receiver though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar enough either. Though, I think you're right that it would be easier to get the external receiver working. To make sure I'm understanding this correctly: If you plug in the external receiver, it asks you to shake the sensor to activate it but it doesn't actually work?

Correct. From what I can tell:

1) SportsTrainer relays all the calls through IAP (IAP then communicates through iapd). Patching IAP, it is possible to have it look for the receiver and not use BT (result in image above). Plugging in the external device will not change the screen but exiting and then returning will display the senor screen (your screen above). It won't return to the "No Receiver" until the phone is rebooted. Seems that IAP/iapd are a little buggy for recognizing when a device is available or not if it isn't supported.

The sensor is never recognized. You actually have to push down on the sensor on the apple logo side rather than just shaking it.

2) iapd controls if a device is "available" to the iPhone and will display the error message, "This accessory blah blah". So far attempting to patch it has just resulted in iapd crashing.
    Google Translate has helped but so far no success.

3) iapd references a string "forceNikeOverBTSupportEnabled" for a boolean value in the preferences. Not sure which file this should actually go - see it with com.apple.iapd - or even what the effect of it is. http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTA...ppBooleanValue would mean that com.apple.iapd is the Application ID.

4) Saddly, most likely going to need some that knows ARM assembly to continue. Going to keep poking around and learning.

And inside the sensor - Inside 'Nike+iPod' -- Diaphragm is Used as Sensor -- Tech-On!
    Last edited by iamwallace; 2009-06-29 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Does the iPhone 3G recognise and use the nike+ sensor properly?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Can I Have Nike.App Plz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Grab it from the 3GS or 2nd gen iPod Touch IPSW.

I Got iphone 3GS IPSW Now What

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Decrypt the IPSW. You can google the key. Mount the DMG. Pull the nike.app.

I Can't Open Nike+

It Just Open And Closes How Can I Fix It
    Last edited by SonnyDickson; 2009-07-05 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Permissions?

And does the nike.app n the 3G recognise the sensor or is this whole process useless?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It does not recognize the sensor. But you may have success.

What Permissions Do I Set The Nike.App To?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast