Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock SIMs support 04.20.01?

Default Unlock SIMs support 04.20.01?
    I would really like to try 3.0 for a day. I have all the files and stuff, and found a cheap guy on eBay with a developer spot, but the one thing holding me back is if it will render my RebelSIM useless. Can the baseband really protect against SIM unlocks?

The Dev-Team confirmed that the new version is "jailbreakable" on all devices in a blog posted Tuesday. But they said people who've already unlocked their 3G devices with Yellowsn0w will run into trouble if they download the 3.0 beta.

This is because Yellowsn0w jailbreak capitalizes on the device's baseband radio, which is used to link up the device with the network and which will be changed by the iPhone 3.0 update, according to InfoWorld's Ian Paul. The Dev-Team warns that upgrading to 3.0 with Yellowsn0w installed will cause people to lose Yellowsn0w and will be unable to get it back.
    I assume its the same with those RebelSIMs. :/

Well my RebelSIM works on the not unlockable 2.2.1 baseband...that's why I'm concerned.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Then do it and let us know =) BTW if you need a spot I have one as well.... can always paypal me!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Well my RebelSIM works on the not unlockable 2.2.1 baseband...that's why I'm concerned.

Twhat do I do if it doesn't work? Then I'm out a phone...

Unless Rebel have said it will work it won't.
    Rebel, IMHO are awful, but they will need to update their software (and possibly hardware for the new BB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Rebel in my personal experience (I re-sell hundreds of them locally) are very good. The current version will not work on the 4.20.01 baseband until they release new version.

Rebel never replied to my emails and their programmer did not work as advertised when BB 2.28 first came out. Their support was non existent and I wasted money with them

I got far better support buying PiggyBackSIMs off eBay - at least f they didn't work they were quite willing to refund my money unlike Rebel who just ignored my emails.

YMMV
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Rebel in my personal experience (I re-sell hundreds of them locally) are very good. The current version will not work on the 4.20.01 baseband until they release new version.
    Yeah, it's definitely better than the generic unlock SIM I had before it that would always lose service. Only problem I have is every few days my E will go away and I have to put it in another iPhone to reactivate the data.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely better than the generic unlock SIM I had before it that would always lose service. Only problem I have is every few days my E will go away and I have to put it in another iPhone to reactivate the data.
    Which is a problem I never had with the other PiggyBack SIMS I used - Different ones do seem to work differently on different networks even in the same country.

My advice would always be to find someone who is on the same network as you and is happy with their PiggyBack SIM and get the same!

Or better still, use Yellowsn0w