Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3.0 Recent Update Review

Default Iphone 3.0 Recent Update Review
    I don't understand people downgrading back to 2.2.1 after installing 3.0. Its just a beta release and for a beta it seems to be working flawlessly for me so far. I had to fiddle a little bit to get the MMS working but now that i have done it, it was easy.

Things I Like:
    Spotlight Search Feature
    MMS Messaging
    Landscape Keyboard
    Bluetooth Stereo
    Tethering 3g

Things I want to see:
    Multitasking
    More Camera Options

These are just things i noticed right off the bat i will post more as i come across them i have only been using it for a couple hours

IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP UPGRADING TO 3.0 YOU CAN EMAIL ME OR MESSAGE ME ON AIM AT : SERVTEX

THANKS

Thanks

When taking a new picture for mms instead of using an existing its a little laggy, it still works just takes about 15 - 20 seconds before you can send the message

I also love the new edit parts of your text conversations good for if your trying to hide part of text from someone, but it still looks like the whole conversation
    Last edited by Servtex; 2009-03-29 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Can u help me get 3.0 and let me know how I can get my udid on list.

stlcaddie please message me on AIM at SERVTEX or PM me here

I will help you with everything

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded to 3.0 yesterday..I liked it ALOT!!! But way too buggy for me..it would freeze up a little to offten for me.

I am really looking forward to june when the 3.0 is public,and all the bugs are worked out..
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

I agree servtex, 3.0 is running nicely... Thanks for your help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Can u help me get 3.0 and let me know how I can get my udid on list.
    just google iphone 3.0 torrent and you should be okay.As for getting your UDID on a DEV account there is a guy in BST trade section that will do it for $2.00 pretty good deal I think..
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

I havnthad 3.0 freeze as in totally lock up on me yet and I will host your I'd for 5 bucks has anyone played with the Bluetooth stereo yet I have a motorila dc800 it days connected then not connected right after

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Servtex View Post
    I havnthad 3.0 freeze as in totally lock up on me yet and I will host your I'd for 5 bucks has anyone played with the Bluetooth stereo yet I have a motorila dc800 it days connected then not connected right after
    It started mainly in safari then the whole phone would LAG hardcore.But A reset would solve that,but i dont like resetting all the time it happened 3 times in about a day (24 hours)
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

i am still waiting for the final release and jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    i am still waiting for the final release and jailbreak

I would recomend that but thats my .02
    Steroids are yummy

You could tell me upgrading to 3.0 beta would totally screw up my phone and i couldnt switch back until it officially came out and i would still do it thats what i hate about myself im so impatient but thankfully it all worked out

Thanks

I like ALL the new features they added.I am really looking forward the final release.
    Steroids are yummy

I'm really enjoying 3.0, it's definately a little buggy, but it hasn't gotten to the point where I want to downgrade just yet, some of the things I've noticed:

Bugs:
    -Downloading pictures in mail stops loading with 2-3 kb left, but I've found that by going to the next picture and coming back, the picture finishes
    -keyboards lag a little
    -sometimes when going from portrait to landscape the menu bar will stay in the original position
    -copy and paste works pretty well, it's a little tricky in web pages, but eventually gets the job done
    -safari freezes more often
    -About once a day I start to notice a serious lag in general, and I have to restart my phone before it works better again
    -I want a way to make the keyboard disappear in text messages, with landscape mode it makes the viewable area very small, and it's difficult to read messages
    -web forms don't always give you the option to cut or paste info, just copy

-I'm really enjoying the Bluetooth audio support, I have a ford with a sync system, and now I can wirelessly connect my phone to my car to play music. But it's a little buggy, if I'm using pandora, when I get out of my car, and come back I have to restart pandora in order for it to connect again
    -I like how in the app store the app screenshot pictures now preload and you can just scroll left to right to look at them
    - you can read and leave comments in you tube
    -the search features are awesome, especially in mail
    -some new features in txt messages, like deleting certain parts of a conversation
    -voice memo app is cool, I've been using I a lot to record riffs and ideas when I play guitar, except it's slow, and I haven't been able to email a memo without it freezing
    The landscape options are great, I like being able to read my mail in landscape
    -in safari if you press and hold on a link you get an option to open the link in a new window, copy the link or open it

I may switch back before it's officially released, if the crashing and lag really gets to me, but it does seem pretty stable and I'm sure when it's official it's really going to be amazing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed this on my old 2G first because I thought you were not able to roll back to 2.2.1, and I didn't want it on my 3G if it ended up being buggy and but then get stuck with it.

All the features seem to work fine, though being that I installed it on a 2G I can't test stereo BT or MMS.

The one gripe I have is that I can't seem to copy/paste pictures from my camera roll. I hold my finger over the pic, it gives me the copy option, I select it, go into and email/note, double-tap but I don't get the option to paste. It just gives me the options to "Select/Select All". No paste. Works fine with cut/copy/paste text, but not images.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

[QUOTE=Servtex;3738951]I don't understand people downgrading back to 2.2.1 after installing 3.0. Its just a beta release and for a beta it seems to be working flawlessly for me so far. I had to fiddle a little bit to get the MMS working but now that i have done it, it was easy.

In my case, i was amazed with all the features! but that's a 50% off what i like and i was missing the other 50%!!! every time when i was looking my iphone, was so empty...(specialy the great themes like iNav!)and still no video recorder, can't get free movies, songs, videos, games(nitendo,playstation,etc...) this is some of the reasons why i downgrade back to 2.2.1 i wait to the release + jailbreak... because that combination is giong to make my iphone perfect!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goretex11 View Post
    I installed this on my old 2G first because I thought you were not able to roll back to 2.2.1, and I didn't want it on my 3G if it ended up being buggy and but then get stuck with it.

All the features seem to work fine, though being that I installed it on a 2G I can't test stereo BT or MMS.

The one gripe I have is that I can't seem to copy/paste pictures from my camera roll. I hold my finger over the pic, it gives me the copy option, I select it, go into and email/note, double-tap but I don't get the option to paste. It just gives me the options to "Select/Select All". No paste. Works fine with cut/copy/paste text, but not images.

Anyone else have this issue?

when you are in the camera roll, in the lower left corner you should have an "action" button to press, when you press that it puts the roll into copy mode, and then you have options at the bottom of Share, or Copy, just check off the pics you want to copy, and then hit share and it will ask if you want to send an email or mms, click on email, and they all load up in a new email!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I can't wait to review the new software..... when it comes out as intended and is out of beta.