Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari forgets all of my login info for every site/logs me out as I browse it! WHY?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Y-not View Post
    I have first tried the chmod 4755 mentioned earlier as well. the only way I could do it was to get the file using iphone pc suite, then upload it to a solaris machine chmod it there and upload it back to the phone using pc suite.

But that did not work. Do I need to do anything else after the chmod is done? I was not able to find the repo for openssh to perform the chmoed operation on the phone. thats the reason I used the pc suıte method

any help will be much appriciated
    You cannot apply permissions in one system and then transfer the file to another system and have those permissions stick. You need to apply the permissions on the iPhone itself. You need to SSH into the iPhone, and type: chmod 4755 /Applications/MobileSafari.app/MobileSafari

What this does is tells Safari to run under root, giving it all the permissions necessary to write cookies, cache and history.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

If I need to do it on the phone can u tell the repo for openSSH? i did a search for it and cannot find it. I assume after I install openSSH, ı will be able to use Winscp to do this.

Is there step by step guıde to ssh to your phone. The results to my searches were not that helpful

thanks much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Y-not View Post
    If I need to do it on the phone can u tell the repo for openSSH? i did a search for it and cannot find it. I assume after I install openSSH, ı will be able to use Winscp to do this.
    OpenSSH is carried by Ste Packaging, and should be found in the System category. If you can't find it in your Install list, try your un-install list, maybe you already have it!
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

also you can use vterm on the phone to do the command if you somehow can't do ssh

Thanks for every1's replies. I think a combination of all or your advice solved the problem.

SinceI could not ssh remotely, I installed Vterm and I changed the owner of the var/mobile/Library/cookies folder from root to mobile. This seemed to have finally worked.

Fingers crossed
    I hope it stays that way

thanks again

I'm lost. I installed SSH and WinSCP. I see the directories discussed. But how do I change the permissions? They are greyed out and I have no idea what to do. I am SUCH a newbie when it comes to things like this. If there is a place on these forums where this is covered please point me there. Don't want to waste anyone's time!!

In SBSettings, run Fix User Dir Permissions

All done with a click of a button without SSH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12