Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using a large photo as a caller ID

Default Using a large photo as a caller ID
    I've read some instructions on how to use large pictures from iPhoto to display when someone calls you. No matter what I do I can not make this work.

I call the iPhone from multiple numbers and all I ever get is the default wallpaper image showing up, and a very tiny picture in the top corner from my Mac where I used a little picture to associate with my account. Even when I go into edit contact mode and touch the tiny picture in the top left to edit and resize it still doesn't work. Any ideas?
    Hmm...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Works fine for me, what method are you using? I just go into my photos from the iPhone, pick a photo, click the little button in the bottom left of the screen, choose Assign to Contact, and voila, all set.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Hmm that's exactly what I'm doing. I'll have to mess around with it some more.
    Hmm...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Is this a contact you have an image set for on your computer as well? None of mine have images set on the computer... could be that? And is the image a full screen image? Or is a tiny image to begin with?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

That's strange. This process works perfectly for me. Try resetting your iPhone by holding down the sleep/wake button.

The reason the pictures shows up small and in the corner is if you input the pictures from your computer directly into your address book and then sync. To make them large you need to set the contact picture directly from your phone.