Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Embarassing Question! (urgent)

Default Embarassing Question! (urgent)
    So I was playing around with Categories, the next day I deleted it. Stupidly forgetting to take everything out of the folders first, I had no way of doing it. Categories wouldn't re-install so I restored my phone.

When I restored it I didn't have a lot of my applications anymore! Including Phone, Camera, and Settings. I really need to get them back. Help please?

Idk how to help you if you can't get into settings. Sorry dude

Well if u had them in a folder what categories does is hides them.
    download sb settings or boss prefs.
    Then go to hide icons or hide apps something like that, it will then bring up a list just put it on that way i shows the app, then respring and its all good.
    hope it helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcl38 View Post
    So I was playing around with Categories, the next day I deleted it. Stupidly forgetting to take everything out of the folders first, I had no way of doing it. Categories wouldn't re-install so I restored my phone.

When I restored it I didn't have a lot of my applications anymore! Including Phone, Camera, and Settings. I really need to get them back. Help please?
    You have to reinstall categories (its a must), then take them out of the category, you can utilize poof inside sbsettings to unhide any hidden apps.

Until u get it all fixed, to use ur phone, just double tap the home button. Unless uv changed the settings for that

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Also there are certain apps that you never want to put into a category, like cydia, phone, categories app

I recommend that you restore again, but this time, set up your phone as a new phone, do not restore from backup. Then you'll have all your apps back.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have sbsetting? The one you swip your finger across the top of the screen?if you do open it up press the dock button add the settings app go into setting and enable restriction then disable them you should your icons back I've had to do this before. Hope it works out for ya.